Episode - 18

As Amir dropped the bombshell, Zoya, Elhaan, and Shahnaz were stunned, their faces reflecting their shock and disbelief. Faiza looked equally astonished.

Shahnaz and Elhaan exclaimed in unison, "Whattttt? Our marriage?" Their voices trembled with incredulity.

Shahnaz turned to her father, her eyes wide with confusion. "Dad! What are you saying?" She asked, her voice laced with concern.

The scene flashed back to the previous night, where Zafar had visited his father, Amir, in his room.

Zafar knocked on the door, and Amir invited him in. Zafar entered and sat beside his father on the sofa.

Amir asked, "Is there something you want to talk about, Zafar?"

Zafar smiled wryly. "How do you always know I've come to talk about something?"

Amir replied, "Because you're my son."

Zafar's expression turned serious. "But I'm not your biological son, right?" He asked, his voice tinged with a hint of sadness.

Amir's expression turned warm and gentle as he addressed Zafar. "Zafar, not again, beta. Please. You know blood relation doesn't matter to me, and you're not less of a son to me. We share the same blood, Zafar. You're the son of my sister and my brother-in-law, and Shahnaz is the daughter of my younger brother. We're all connected by blood. So, how can we not be related?"

Zafar's eyes dropped, his voice filled with remorse. "Sorry, dad. I know...I was young when you adopted me after dad and Hasan chachu's death. It's because of you that my mom is happy in her house with her husband. Thank you, dad, for raising me as your own."

Amir's eyes misted, his voice choked with emotion. "Ah, stop it, yaar. I'm getting teary-eyed too. I won't look good crying at my age."

Zafar smiled reassuringly at his father. "You're still young, Dad. Don't worry."

Amir chuckled, his eyes twinkling with amusement. "I know I am! Now, tell me, what's on your mind?"

Zafar's expression turned serious. "Dad, I have to tell you something. I really like Elhaan."

Amir's face contorted in mock horror. "Wait, wait, wait! I'm not supporting same-sex marriage, no beta! No wrong business! We need a daughter-in-law, not a son-in-law!"

Zafar rolled his eyes, exasperated. "I'm straight, Dad! What are you even saying?"

Amir grinned mischievously. "I was just joking, beta. Okay, I'm sorry, tell me, what's the matter?"

Zafar's voice filled with sincerity. "Elhaan seems like a great guy, Dad. Very responsible and mature. The kind of man every father and brother wants for their daughter and sister. You understand what I mean?"

Amir's expression turned thoughtful, his voice measured. "Honestly, Zafar? I also think Elhaan is a good match for Shahnaz. And he's single, so I was also thinking that if Shahnaz is ready, we can consider him for her."

Zafar said, "Shahnaz will agree. He's the type of guy she likes, and I saw them talking at the birthday party, they seem to like each other. So, we'll take it further, right? If both of them like each other, then it's fine, otherwise, we'll drop it. What's the harm in trying?"

Amir nodded in agreement, "You're right. We'll talk about it tomorrow."

Zafar smiled, "That's settled then."

But in his mind, a different narrative unfolded:

"I won't let anyone come in between Amreen and me, no matter what it takes. Sorry, Shahnaz. I know I'm being selfish, but it's not like I'm choosing a bad person for you. Elhaan is a good choice. He's not bad, and I know, I won't regret my decision. But if I don't keep Elhaan away, he might become a wall between Amreen and me. I have sensed a mixed emotion from him towards Amreen. The way he looks at her, his concern for her... I think he might have feelings for her. And that's not right. Not at all."