Austin, Texas (Wednesday, July 10th, 2019)

Luke squeezed his water bottle, letting the lid pop off. He took a drink as sweat poured down his face. He readjusted Ivona on his hip, their bodies clinging together causing a damp feeling all over his skin. "Are you thirsty?"

She shook her head, "Where's Daddy?"

"I think he's shooting Mike's set with your dad," Luke answered. He ushered her higher up on his hip, her small feet digging into his prominent bones. He smiled at a few people walking, his slow pace making his way back to their tent.

The crew tent was obviously empty since everyone was making Michael's SXSW performance perfect. Mike loved playing festivals, Luke could only imagine the huge smile upon his lips as he played at the biggest stage.

The blonde boy wanted to watch, but it got hot fast. When Ivona asked to be taken somewhere else, he glad volunteered to take her.

"Where should we go?"

"I don't know, you pick." Ivona wrapped her arms closer to Luke, resting her head on his shoulder. "I like you, Lukey."

"I like you, too, Ivvy."

She shook her head from left to right, her brown curls bobbing. "No, do not call me that." Iv crawled out of his arms, Luke quickly leaning down to set her upon the dirt. The four-year-old was constantly leaping out of his arms, he worried she'd crack her head open one day.

He took her hand, her leading him under the safe shade of the white tent. There was a fragile breeze blowing, but humidity stayed high. Luke wiped his nose then forehead, bushing his hair back with his fingers. He sat in a plastic chair, quickly pouring water for the duo. "You're definitely getting sun burnt."

Ivona shrugged. She stepped in between his legs, reaching up for the plastic cup. She held her hands tight around it as she chugged down the iced drink. "Braid my hair?"

He nodded mid-sip, quickly placing her on his lap and sectioning out her hair.

Michael took his own drink of water as he leant against the microphone. "Wow, it's fucking hot as balls out here." The crowd cheered and yelled, Mike not able to hear any of it. His ears were ringing, but his in-ears made his ears irritated. His life was a struggle. "Please don't die, drink water, take naps, don't let boys be mean to you. Fuck, don't let anyone be mean to you." He grabbed a towel from the top of the stage, wiping off his sweating skin. "Okay, for this next one—." He was interrupted by a human upon his legs. He looked down, Bella's hands wrapped around his shin. "Oh."

Cal reached out his hands, cursing when she was already half way across the platform. He locked eyes with his best friend, watching the musician shrug before turning back to the audience.

"This is Bella, say hi." Mike picked her up, placing her on his shoulders. She waved to the crowd and they waved back. "I don't know where her father went, so I guess I'll just leave her up there. Is that bad parenting on my part?" He threw the water bottle in his hands into the crowd.

He looked up at the toddler, telling her to hold on in fear of her falling.

Ashton yelled Cal's name. Calum could always hear him before seeing him. The younger man turned around slowly, preparing himself for a scolding. "Okay, wait, don't yell yet."

Ashton closed his mouth and raised an eyebrow. He crossed his arms, throwing out his hand as he waited for Cal's excuse.

"She runs fast now!"

"That's not a valid excuse!" Ashton peaked past Calum's broad shoulders, looking at his daughter. Bella was smiling and laughing, covering Michael's eyes as he sang his next song. Ash's heart was beating, afraid Mike would drop him at any moment.

"Baby, I'm sorry. She's fine. I'll run and get her after the song." Calum was very loose about his photography. There weren't many things he followed, he just did whatever felt right. But, he never, ever went on stage during a performance. He never wants to take attention off of the singer for a shot. No shot is worth that. Plus, he's a little shy. It took him three and a half years to talk to Ashton.

Ash crossed his arms, the camera hanging from his neck bumping into his bloated stomach. He readjusted the heavy straps of the other gear on his back as he leant into Calum. "We have such great kids."

Cal was glad he went from angry-Ashton to happy-Ashton. Anything was better the livid-Ashton or cranky-Ashton or sobbing-Ashton. "Yes, we do."
Bella pulled at Michael's hair, starting to braid the fringe. The entire festival was in hysterics as they watched the two. Mike went along with it, continuing to sing with a toddler on his head.

"I don't understand how that happy dude up there is such an asshole to our Lukey," Ash said. He wiped his forehead with the seam of his tee shirt. Cal giggled when he saw his boyfriend's tummy.

"Are you still not over the whole thing that happened in Nashville?"

"No, I am not! Why can't he just do the one thing Luke wants?!"

Cal rubbed up and down Ash's upper arm. "Not everyone wants kids, Ash. You've gotta understand that. It's neither of their faults that they can't agree on the whole thing. Please don't get involved."

He scrunched up his face, "I want to get involved."

"Don't do it."

"I'm gonna do it."

"Oh, my God. Go back to the tent."

(a/n) I JUST REWROTE THE SECOND HALF OF THIS STORY. THIS STORY IS GOING TO BE MY LONGEST STORY, OVER FIFTY CHAPTERS AND MORE THAN 150 PAGES. IT GETS REALLY CUTE AND HAPPY AND YOU'RE ALL GOING TO LOVE IT. JUST BARE WITH ME THROUGH THE BORING CHAPTERS.