(Thursday, April 9th, 2020)

Ashton furrowed his eyebrows and uncrossed his arms as he watched Cal walk through LAX airport. "Why are you home? Did you get fired?"

Calum held open his arms, holding Ashton close to him. He engulfed the smaller boy, his hands crawling over his upper back. "I could set Michael on fire and he wouldn't fire me."

Ash smiled as he took a step back, tracing over Cal's features. "You sure everything is okay? You look a little pale."

Calum swallowed in ever-growing lump in his throat. "Can I be really cheesy for, like, two minutes?"

Ashton took a step back. "Sure," he said with a giggle.

It was that giggle that Calum fell hopelessly in love with in his English 2001 class half a decade ago.

He scratched the back of his neck as if the skin irritated him. "So, I should have done this a really, really long time ago. Like, before the girls were ever born." Everything seemed to disappear around them as they stared into each others eyes, just watching stars form behind their minds. "I know our life has been a long list of things not going right, but I wouldn't want it any other way. Ashy, I love you so much."

"Are you breaking up with me?" He joked with a hint of concern.

Cal rolled his eyes and dumped his carry on to the ground. he reached around the front zipper pocket, finding the needed box. He knelt down on his left knee, a vermillion blush rising to his cheeks. "Ashton, I want to fucking marry you. I needed to do this five years ago."

Ash giggled again and bit his lip. "You're such an idiot." He held out his hand, giggling as the golden band went up his fourth finger.

Calum stood up once more, still gripping Ashton's hand. He pulled him closer, letting their lips meet. "I'm your idiot now," he said between their kiss. They didn't notice the eyes around them nor the throws of congratulations. Nothing really mattered when Ashton's arms were wrapped around Calum's shoulders, his own on Ash's hips. Nothing mattered when their lips locked.

Luke dialed up Michael's number as he finally had a chance to lay in bed. He took a deep breath, closing his tired eyes.

"Hi, Baby. Everything alright?" Michael's soothing voice willowed.

He breathed out a sigh, "Everything is great."

"Was that sarcastic?"

"No, no, not at all," Luke clarified. "I'm at Ashton's babysitting his girls and ours. I got all of the many girls to bed a few minutes ago and, I don't know, I'm just really happy."

"Yeah," Mike smiled thirty-thousand miles away, "Me too. I wish I was there next to you, though."

Luke patted the guest room bed, letting Taco jump from her carrier to the opposite side of the bed and curl up in the sheets. Ash would probably have an allergic reaction if he ever laid in that room. But, whatever. "I went on a run with Ashton this morning and it was miserable."

"I think Cal should have landed by now. You think Ashton said yes?" Michael let out a laugh as if his joke was the funniest thing heard by man-kind.

"Nah, Michael, he said no. He fucking hates Calum."

"I'm so happy for them," Mike continued.

"I'm happy for us." Luke could feel his eyes getting heavier yet he tried to stay awake for his husband. "I can't wait for you to get home."

"I miss you and the girls and even that stupid cat."

"Taco is perfectly okay without you, in case you wanted to know," Luke informed him, his fingers knotting through the white fur of one of his most prized possessions.

"Never, ever accidentally adopt a cat again."

Luke shrugged his shoulders and laughed, "I don't know, Dude, maybe I'm just really lonely."

"Then watch porn."

"I'm a mother!" Luke faked-gasped. "Wait, I mean father."

"Nice one."

"I hate you, Michael."

"I love you, Handsome."

THE END