(Thursday, March 5th, 2020)

"Get me out of this bed." Luke held out his arms, needing help to sit up.

Michael gave him a look. "Are you sure? You look ill."

"Michael Gordon, I swear to God."

He put his hands up in defense as he walked across their room, grabbing the hands of his partner and helping him up on his swollen feet. "Where do you want to go?"

"I wanna show you the nursery, it's just about done."

Michael let Luke lead him slowly out their bedroom door and down the long archway to the nursery set up across from his at-home studio. "When we bought this house, we never thought we'd be using all these rooms, did we?"

Luke smiled as he opened the wooden door. "We've got a bit until they're ready to move out of sharing a room."

He stepped in, showing Michael the pastel blue walls with white trims. The four cribs were set up perfectly, two on each side of the room. Two changing tables stood on the far wall, closest to the curtain-covered windows.

Michael took a step in, his fingers running over the bookshelf holding children books. "When did you do all of this?"

"I just hired people. Haven't you seen the credit card bill?"

Mike turned around, giving his partner a foolish grin. He continued around the room, his eyes wandering the small decor items. "This is amazing, Lukey. You're getting me excited."

Luke grimaced as another baby began to kick. "She is, too."

The blue hared man turned around, his eyes falling to his husband's stomach. He took a step closer. "Can I feel?"

The blonde laughed, "Let me sit down."

Michael came to his aid, ushering him into a pearly white rocking chair in the closest corner. He made sure Luke was content before placing his hands on the top of his stomach. The bump was sticking out so far, Mike wasn't sure how Luke stood without falling over.

"This is amazing," he giggled as he felt two of his little girls moving.

Luke leant his head back, trying to pretend it was painful. "Mhm, amazing."

Mike's hand roamed the bump, poking at different spots. "This is the kicker, right?" He poked the baby closest to the skin.

"Yeah, very, very, very active."

"It hurts?"

"So much." Luke grabbed Michael's hand, pushing it to the bottom, closest to his hips. "This one doesn't move, like, at all. Even if the other three are fucking playing football in there, she doesn't move."

Michael brushed over the skin once more, not believing that this was actually real. Like, the thing moving under a few layers of skin was an actual child that would be in his arms in less than a month.

"Amazing," he said again. "Wow."

Luke laughed, "Lost for words?"

"I—I can't believe we're gonna be, like, parents," Michael stuttered out, "We're gonna have kids, Luke."

"Yeah, you fucking doofus. I've been dragging these four motherfuckers in here for eight months now, they better be the best kids in the world."

Michael couldn't understand how any parents could not love their children with all they had. As he held the bump, his hands skimming the stretch marks and warm skin, he knew he was going to love these kids until his very last breath. Maybe more.