Arc 1 : [ Safe Zone ] Part 1 : { United In Despair }

Timeline: Y1V11
----------

Honami's Point Of View

I ran through the usually lively white hallways now painted with blood while I heard screams of my fellow students around me being eaten alive by those creatures.

Why is this happening to us... why am I running... it's my fault for letting Shibata-kun die... yet I just can't get those last words out of my head...

"Whatever you do, please don't look back while you run, Ichinose-san. I know it's too late now, but I've always had feelings for you... "

I'm sorry, Shibata-kun, for not being able to answer your confession... I'm sorry for not being strong enough to help you... in the end, I'm just the same weak girl I was back then... the same girl who only caused more trouble for my mother by stealing... the same girl who could only watch as my mother slowly worked herself to death, day by day...

While running, tears started to run down my face as the adrenaline slowly disappeared, leaving me with a feeling of grief for what I just watched my friends go through.

Due to my state, I tripped. I clumsily fell on my sobbing face, right into a puddle of blood. Just as I was about to get up to run again, I was grabbed by my ankle.

I looked back at whatever grabbed my ankle, seeing one of my classmates in a completely unrecognizable state. He was bruised all over his body, with half of his lower torso missing.

No, no! I can't let him bite me... I saw what a bite can do... it's just like in those movies... it'll turn me into a monster... I can't let that happen... no matter what...

Just before I was about to kick him off my leg, I saw images of his face when he was still alive flashing by my eyes.

I was too weak to do it, to hurt my classmate, to hurt my friend. No, to hurt another human being. I knew that this wasn't the time for me to be naive, but I couldn't help it.

I accepted my fate, having already given up on escaping. There was no use, I couldn't do it. I wasn't strong enough. I wasn't made for this. Even if I escaped from this school, where would I go?

I'm sorry, my cute little sister... and my hardworking mom... your big sister and daughter just isn't strong enough to come home...

I closed my eyes and accepted my fate before the thing bite into my leg and turned me into one of them.

Just as I was about to be bitten, A loud splash and crack sound was heard near my ankles. Being curious about what made that sound, I opened my eyes to see a figure looming over the monster that was about to chomp on my leg.

He had stomped on the monster's head, turning it into a puddle of crimson liquid using his shoes. His back was turned to me so I couldn't see his face but deep down, I already had an idea of who it was.

Ayanokoji-kun...?

He turned to me with his usually handsome face wearing an apathetic expression. Despite this, I felt that something was off about him. Instead of showing me those usually dull golden orbs, they illuminated an aura of a predator, ready to kill without hesitation.

Ayanokoji: Ichinose, where are the others?

After we made eye contact, his scary aura disappeared and he turned to normal, is what it seemed. Taking a closer look at him, he was completely drenched in blood, especially in the areas of his fist and legs. In his hand, he held a bloodied pipe.