Arc 1 : [ Safe Zone ] Part 8 : { Impenetrable Defense }

Ayanokoji Kiyotaka's Point Of View

Kiryuin kept on asking questions about me and Kushida on our way back, getting on both of our nerves.

"-So, what kind of relationship do you two really have? Slave and master-" She went on and on, not minding if we answered or not.

"Why the fuck did you allow her to come along?" Kushida asked me, not caring if Kiryuin heard us or not.

Two runners came towards us, being quickly subdued by me and Kiryuin.

"You're the one who made her want to follow us. Don't blame me." I blamed her.

If it weren't for Kushida allowing Kiryuin to get ahold of the gas bomb, Kiryuin would have never been interested in us in the first place.

"Then just kill her, or something! She is fucking obnoxious!" Kushida didn't hesitate to let her intrusive thoughts win out, having let go of any moral restraints she used to hold herself back since the first day.

She really isn't holding back at all...

"Your unabashed way of speaking is entertaining, but..." She grabbed a hold of Kushida's neck, holding her up by one arm. "I don't enjoy it when inferior scum like you speak so lowly of me, Kikyo-chan." She tightened her grip on Kushida's neck hard enough to make her desperately scratch Kiryuin's arm to let her go.

Seeing Kushida's predicament, I grabbed onto Kiryuin's wrist, which was holding up Kushida, applying pressure.

"I don't mind you joining us, Kiryuin-senpai. But I will not allow you to harm my allies." I coldly glared at her, causing her to back down.

"Heh... I guess I'll listen to you once, Taka~." She allowed Kushida to go, dropping her on her bottom.

She's like a female Koenji...

"Ugh-- shit..." Kushida grunted before getting up again.

Kiryuin's strength and intelligence are no doubt impressive... if handled properly, she could become one of or even my most powerful weapons... either way, she's worth keeping around... even with her very unpredictable personality...

We continued walking towards the dorms in silence as we eliminated incoming zombies that came from the sounds we were making.

"Kiryuin-senpai. We'll pick you up in the morning. Actually, we shouldn't even be out here right now. We split away from our group while they were sleeping, so if you suddenly just showed up a part of the group in the morning... it'll cause a ruckus, to say the least." I explained.

Kushida rolled her eyes, not liking the fact that I've made the full decision to ally with Kiryuion now.

"We all decided to go head outside tomorrow, so you can show up around her around that time. My group is very receptive to survivors, so don't worry." I continued.

"Fine, fine... as long as I get to be around you later on. Have a wonderful night from the almighty Fuka herself!" She blindly trusted my words and disappeared into the night, presumably looking for a place to rest for now.

As she ran into the darkness, I could faintly hear the smashing and cracking of skulls from her direction.

"Ugh, We already have a Koenji. Why do we need another?" Kushida mumbled to herself while walking up the stairs leading to my dorm.