Arc 1 : [ Safe Zone ] Part 6 : { Crossing A Line }

Ayanokoji Kiyotaka's Point View

After everyone went to sleep, I woke up and headed outside our resting area where we all slept.

Ryuuen: Kukuku, sneaky bastard. Now, show me what you've been working on in the background.

I held my pointing finger in front of my mouth, motioning him to be quiet. He rolled his eyes in response.

Before we left for the night, I checked up on Sakayanagi on the couch, where she's usually located. She was asleep, the exhaustion of staying up for two days having gotten to her during the night.

I covered her with a blanket before leaving while Ryuuen kept on whispering jokes about her height into my ears as he snickered.

With this, Ryuuen and I equipped ourselves and headed outside with a flashlight.

Ryuuen: Kuku, I don't know where we're going, but I know it's going going be interesting.

I lead the way, quietly heading up the stairs while Ryuuen followed along with a amused smirk on his face.

Ryuuen: Wait... is that room open?

Kiyotaka:...

I ignored him, putting him on edge slightly. After a few more seconds of walking, we reached the open room.

Kiyotaka: We'll have to wait here for a few minutes.

I stopped him from entering and told him to wait. He looked confused but complied.

Ryuuen: I'm curious now. At least give me a hint of what's inside that room.

Kiyotaka: No.

Ryuuen let out an audible 'Tch' before crossing his arms and staying silent.

After almost and hour, my guest arrived. Ryuuen has decided to sleep, pinning his body against the wall under the railings.

Kiyotaka: What took you so long? We can't waste much time or someone might notice my disappearance.

My guest ignored me and walked past me into the room with a massive backpack.

Kiyotaka: Ryuuen.

I lightly slapped his cheek, waking him up. He quickly swung his bat towards me in response, causing me to quickly lean my body back to dodge it.

Ryuuen: I was just resting my eyes.

Sure you were...

He fully woke up and stood up, heading into the room. I didn't stop him and just watched.

Ryuuen: Finally... I wanna see what you've been working- What the hell is this bastard doing here?!

He was shocked by the quests identity, voicing his shock loud and clear.

Koenji: Good evening... or should I say good night, Dragon-boy.

Koenji, the mysterious guest, greeted Ryuuen.

Kiyotaka: I'm sure you can connect the dots yourself, Ryuuen. Now, share your findings with us, Koenji.