Arc 1 : [ Safe Zone ] Part 10 : { Team Effort }

Ichinose Honami's Point Of View

For 30 seconds, I sat up, looking out of the window.

I've been like this since the moment I woke up, sitting in the same position while taking in the sounds of Ryuuen and Horikita arguing in the living room.

"Fuck sakes... they sound like a married couple..." Kushida covered her ears with her pillow and went back to sleep.

Marriage...

My face turned crimson after remembering how Ayanokoji treated me yesterday, turning my mind blank, imagining scenarios as a married couple together.

"I'm going to beat his ass!!" Ibuki shot up from her spot and stormed out of the room to join the argument outside.

"Uugghhh... man... I thought I'd get to sleep till the afternoon today... can't even have that in the apocalypse, huh..." Hashimoto mumbled while rubbing his eyes.

Finally, I got the strength to get up and go outside.

"Looks who's here to join us, ehh? WAS IT YOU WHO USED MY BRUSH?!" Ryuuen furiously yelled in my face, causing me to brace myself, holding my hands up.

Suzune and Ibuki tried holding him back not to accidentally hit me.

Brush...? I'm assuming he means his toothbrush...

Again, my mind went wild, imagining an indirect kiss. Strangely tho, it wasn't between me and Ayanokoji but between Ryuuen and Ayanokoji.

Oh no...! Mako-chan corrupted my mind with those fanfics she sent me before...!... Mako-chan... I miss everyone so much...

"Huh? Fucks' wrong with her?" Ryuuen backed up, looking confused at my flushed reaction alongside of Suzune and Ibuki.

"Ichinose-san. Are you alright? Your face is red... but sad...?" Suzune came up to me, worried about my condition.

"Waahh- it's nothing!" I ran into the kitchen to make toast.

I can't decide how to feel today... that child-... no... that zombie... I still can't get over it... but... a twisted side of me was glad to have been held by Ayanokoji-kun after that... he even tucked me into bed...

Behind me, I heard the three murmering about my behavior in the background, resulting in Ryuuen laughing.

After I finished making my breakfast, I left the kitchen to join Sakayanagi on the couch.

"Good morning, Ichinose-san. You look... conflicted today. Have you recovered from yesterday's event?" Sakayanagi asked about my current condition, noticing the mix of gloomy and flustered aura being emitted off of me.

"I'm not sure... I-... I'll think about it." I answered, unsure.

She didn't push any further, leaving me to eat my breakfast in peace while we watched TV. I munched on my toast while switching channels, looking for something to keep my mind off of things.

Shortly after I finished my breakfast, leaving an extra toast on my plate behind, Hashimoto came out of the resting room, yawning and stretching. Just like me, he was swiftly confronted by Ryuuen about his 'used brush', ending with Hashimoto getting punched in the gut under Ryuuen's assumptions.

"Ow... yup, I'm fully awake now." Hashimoto commented while still holding his stomach.

He came to sit beside me and Sakayanagi, intending to just laze around instead of making breakfast after Ryuuen ruined his morning mood.

"Can I have that?" He pointed towards my left-over toast.

"Go ahead..." I allowed him to take away the lonely toast.