Arc 1 : [ Safe Zone ] Part 9 : { Not So Long Ago }

Ayanokoji Kiyotaka's Point Of View

We've arrived back home safe and in one piece, the only difference being Ichinose in a sombre mood. She stopped crying before we got back, yet didn't want me to let go of her while I comforted her with my arm around her shoulder.

It might look like Ichinose's presence is a nuisance... but the truth is that she, along with Horikita-senpai, are the two pillars binding this group of emotional and traumatised teenagers together as a strong enough unit... she's a very important and integral member of our group... and yesterday reminded me of this fact...

Today, I decided to wake up later than usual. Still earlier than all the other members except for Sakayanagi, tho, of course.

9:27 AM... I got exactly 12 hours of sleep... this is more than enough sleep for me to last this entire tiring day... including the next few...

I began stretching my limbs on my balcony, making sure my entire body felt as light as possible.

"So, are you going out alone today?" Sakayanagi asked me, as I've left the balcony open to let in fresh air.

"Yeah. I might be joined by someone, later one tho." I answered her while still focusing on my stretching and light workout.

"I'm assuming it's that 'Kiryuin' girl, correct?" She guessed right, making me affirm her assumption with a nod.

Yesterday, we unexpectedly came back with Kiryuin, who introduced herself to both Hashimoto and Sakayanagi. Hashimoto quickly warmed up to her while Sakayanagi felt neutral about her inclusion, trusting that I knew what I was doing.

Despite just being introduced to us, she quickly left to sleep in another room, not intending to make my resting room feel even more cramped.

I'm pretty sure she just didn't enjoy sharing space with us, tho... unless it was just with me... I guess we'll have to manually ask for assistance next time...

Even tho she wanted to sleep alone, she still invited me over to her room, wanting to keep me to herself, apparently.

"Just please keep the loud noises to a minimum, okay? I want to spend this day in peace and quiet." Suzune came out of the kitchen with some coffee, her hair still dishevelled from her sleep.

I'm still not used to seeing her in her cute pyjamas... even Ryuuen was too weirded out to make fun of her...

Suzune has a habit of sleeping in childish pyjamas, completely oblivious to how we react to seeing her in them.

"I'll try... can you make me some iced coffee for me as well? I'll need the extra energy boost today." I requested Suzune, who complied, going back into the kitchen.

Living with so many people here has been very interesting for me. I've got to learn far more than I wanted to about each and everyone's habits. Ibuki's habit to speak in her sleep, Hashimoto's habit to secretly dig his finger into his nose while nobody is looking, Kushida's habit of hugging anything nearby while sleeping, etc.

Kushida and Horikita usually sleep next to each other... causing her to complain about being bear hugged to me privately most days... begging me to take her place...

Even tho I felt a slight pity for Suzune, I didn't want to wake up one day with a red smack mark on my face after Kushida realized she's been hugging me all night.

Finally being done with my stretches, I stepped out of the balcony, preparing to leave. I gulped down the entire iced coffee mug Suzune made for me.

"If you don't mind me asking, is there a specific reason why you choose that outfit?" Suzune pointed towards my clothes.