3 - Mr. Perfectly Fine

I arrived at Fallon and was quickly ushered to a dressing room so I could get ready for the show. I knew I would be performing to close out the show and I knew exactly what song I was performing, as did the show. Hollie tried talking me out of it now knowing the story and who it was about. I wrote it a few years ago when I saw the fame he was getting, it was therapeutic. It was a song on the most recent album so I would just now release it as a single and deal with it.

I got in my outfit I would be wearing. It was forest green satin pants that were wide leg at the bottom, black leather stiletto heels, black and diamond dangle earrings and the top was the most killer of them all it was a black, lace bralette and I would be showing some midriff.

Hollie sighed seeing me dressed as I looked myself over in the full-length mirror, "You sure about the outfit?" Hollie asked and I nodded

"I love this outfit and I want to wear it." I said. I sat in the chair and had my hair and make-up touch everything up. A person from audio came in and hooked me up with a mic. I sighed knowing it was all going to be happening soon and I would be sharing a stage with him.

As I watched the opening monologue on the tv in my dressing room I started wringing my hands.

"Is she here yet?" I heard the voice ask outside my dressing room door.

"Yes Chris, of course she is. Why does it matter?" I heard a female ask.

"I know why..." I heard another voice say and I placed it as his brother Scott. I smiled, Scott either knew the extent or didn't but either way he acted like he did.

"Shut up Scott." Chris growled.

"Chris, she is here, getting ready and she will be talking to Jimmy, you will be sitting on the couch and just staying, then she is closing out the show with a song." The woman's voice said.

"What song?" Chris asked.

"I haven't heard." The voices got further away, and I knew they were walking away. I looked at Hollie and she smiled at me.

"He's nervous..."

"He should be." I stated.

🔹🔹🔹

"This next artist has had the most amazing career since breaking onto the scene and people are noticing it still to this day with her most recent award wins. Everyone please welcome out Frankie Devon!" Jimmy Fallon announced me out and the crowd went nuts. I walked out, waved at the fans and then walked up to Jimmy. He hugged me and kissed my cheek. I approached Chris and we did the Hollywood hug, and I could have sworn his lips skimmed my cheek which made me hot, but with anger.

"Frankie! It's been too long!" Jimmy said and I sighed with a smile.

"I know! I'm sorry I was a little busy on a world tour." I laughed as did everyone else.