43 - Ain't No Other Man

It was the night of the Boston show, the last show, the last night! I was off after tonight for a few months and then overseas tours started but I would be rested and prepared.

I walked into the room backstage expecting to see Chris, but it was empty. As I walked in my cellphone went off.

Chris: I know you were expecting to see me, but I want you in the best headspace for this show. Give the hometown crowd everything you have. I love you and I will see you after the show.

I smiled at this, he was worried about me and wanted everything for the fans. This was everything. I saw the flowers and I knew they were from him since they were my favorite and I sighed. I looked at Hollie and she smiled at me.

"Time to get ready?" Hollie asked and I nodded.

🔹 🔹 🔹

I was on the stage lift that was going to be taking me on stage. I had decided to open the show with Only Me When I'm With You, starting off strong. I looked at Hollie and she smiled at me giving me a thumbs up as I heard the guitar rift that started off song and the crowd went insane. I was lifted up as I started singing.

🎵Friday night beneath the stars
In a field behind your yard
You and I are painting pictures in the sky
And sometimes we don't say a thing
Just listen to the crickets sing
Everything I need is right here by my side
And I know everything about you
I don't wanna live without you
I'm only up when you're not down
Don't wanna fly if you're still on the ground
It's like no matter what I do
Well, you drive me crazy half the time
The other half I'm only trying to
Let you know that what I feel is true
And I'm only me when I'm with you🎵

"BOSTON! I'M HOME!" I yelled into the microphone during the small break in the song and the audience went crazy.

I continued the song and continued the entirely new setlist that everyone seemed to be loving.

There was a small break, and I was breathing heavily since I was giving this show everything I had.

"Boston...how they heck are you?! Are you enjoying the show so far?!" I asked and everyone cheered and screamed.

"Good, wouldn't have it any other way." I smiled. I took a deep breath, "Now I know by this point if you have been following the tour you have noticed the completely different set list, that's because you're Boston, you're my hometown and you deserve something special...maybe like a special song..." I said and they all cheered.

"Now I hope if you all listened to the album enough you heard the secret song that was on the album that wasn't listed..." I explained. I knew Chris had never heard it, I made sure he didn't so I could only guess what he was feeling right now. "You guys want to hear that song?" I asked and they audience went crazier than they had been, and I looked at the band. "Then let's give it to 'em!" I said and the song started playing. This was going to take so much of my energy, but it was worth it. I looked in the general vicinity of where Chris and they families were sitting and winked.

🎵Hey, yeah (do your thing, honey!)
I could feel it from the start
Couldn't stand to be apart
Somethin' 'bout you caught my eye
Somethin' moved me deep inside
I don't know what you did, boy, but you had it
And I've been hooked ever since
I told my mother, my brother
My sister and my friends
I told the others, my lovers both past and present tense
Every time I see you, everything starts making
sense (do your thing, honey!)
Ain't no other man can stand up next to you
Ain't no other man on the planet does what you do
You're the kinda guy a girl finds in a blue moon
You got soul, you got class
You got style, you're badass
Ain't no other man, it's true
Ain't no other man but you
Never thought I'd be alright
Til you came and changed my life
What was cloudy now is clear, yeah yeah
You're the light that I needed
You got what I want boy and I want it
So keep on giving it up
Tell your mother, your brother
Your sisters and your friends
And the others, your lovers
Better not be present tense
Cause I want everyone to know
That you are mine and no one else's
Oh-woah, oh
Ain't no other man can stand up next to you
Ain't no other man on the planet does what you do
You're the kinda guy a girl finds in a blue moon
You got soul, you got class
You got style, you're badass
Ain't no other man, its true
Ain't no other man but you (break it down now!)
Ain't no other, ain't, ain't no other, other
Ain't no other, ain't, ain't no other lover
Ain't no other, I, I, I need no other
Ain't no other man but you, oh
You are there when I'm a mess
You talked me down from every ledge
Give me strength, boy, you're the best
You're the only one who's ever passed every test
Ain't no other man can stand up next to you
Ain't no other man on the planet does what you do
You're the kinda guy a girl finds in a blue moon
You got soul, you got class
You got style, you're badass
Ain't no other man, it's true
Ain't no other man but you
And now I'm tellin' you, so, ain't no other man but you
Ain't no other man can stand up next to you
Ain't no other man on the planet does what you do
You're the kinda guy a girl finds in a blue moon
You got soul, you got class
You got style, you're badass
Ain't no other man, it's true
Ain't no other man but you🎵

The crowd was hyped, and I knew they were loving the songs and the show. This was all I ever wanted, the stage was where I felt the most comfortable and where I loved to be but at this moment when we were starting to slow down the show a little for the love ballads I realized where I also felt the comfortable, safe and loved and it was in Chris's arms.

I noticed I had walked to the place where I was going to sit and not said a word, I zoned out. I smiled and sat down as my guitarist just strummed a little on his guitar, I knew what song was coming.

"Now the next song was one I premiered in LA but I haven't done it again since, but I think since it my hometown you guys deserve a little Timeless too..." I said and everyone screamed as we started playing and singing.

🔹 🔹 🔹

After the last song, we did the closing, we did the band and backup singer acknowledgements and then we all headed off stage. I rushed backstage and I saw him waiting for me right off the stage, but he was hidden. I ran to him and jumped in his arms, wrapping my legs around his waist and arms around his neck as he held me up.

"I've missed you so much!" I gushed burying my face in his neck and he chuckled.

"Hey, look at me." Chris said and I pulled my face from his neck, and he smiled at me. "I want to say this to you in person, I'm sorry for how I acted." Chris continued. I just shook my head slightly, leaning in and brushing my lips to his.

"All is forgiven, can we just go home?" I asked and passionately kissed him.

"Yes, yes we can." Chris said and quickly turned to carry me out the door not caring I was still in my stage outfit, and I started laughing.

🔹 🔹 🔹

Chris and I were lying in bed that night after we spent time with the families and then had our alone time.

"So, I was thinking about the road trip back to LA..." I trailed off.

"Yeah? What did you decide?" Chris asked. I looked up at him where my head was resting on his chest.

"Well, us driving is going to be hard, and you know that. We aren't teenage, no names anymore...yes people know we are together, but you think we won't be spotted or followed..." I trailed off and Chris half nodded.

"Didn't think about that..." Chris trailed off.

"Right so what if we flew back to LA together. I know we fly all the time, but we can do it together and it can just be us. We can take pictures on the flight and just make it like our own adult road trip." I smiled and Chris smiled.

"We could even go private, so we are for sure alone." Chris said and I nodded. "Okay, I think it's a good plan." Chris said as I leaned in and passionately kissed him. He growled in the kiss as he rolled me and pinned me to the bed hovering over me.

"Again?" I asked and he nodded as I opened my legs for him, and he slid inside slowly, and I sighed loving the feeling of him inside of me. This was everything. Being home with him, being in bed with him and being with him in general. This was where I was meant to be.

Chris started thrusting slowly as I moved my hips with him but bucked them at the same time and he moaned at the new feeling. I threw my head back and he leaned down and started kissing my neck and moved to the point right below my ear, my sweet spot.

"I love you Frankie, you are everything to me." Chris whispered and I smiled.

"I love you too." I said, moving my head to look at him as he passionately kissed me as he thrusted harder and faster causing me to cry out in pleasure and release. Chris released deep inside of me and soon was collapsing on top of me.

We laid their catching our breath and he looked up at me.

"You are my future Frankie, I want you to know that..." Chris said, and I nodded with a smile.

"And you're mine." I smiled.