1 Day 1: Love at first sight (past)

THE PAST - 8 years ago

Jen

The sun is at its peak in the sky tormenting us with its blazing heat. Living in Florida you think I should be used to the heat but it hits me fresh every summer. The state is in the middle of a heat wave so being outside has become unbearable. Except for today, I will endure because my new friends and I have slept for two days on the sidewalk in front of the stadium.

We have general admission tickets which means it's a first come first chance to nab the front row. There is currently only one other group of friends ahead of us and tons of people behind us.

Luckily the shop next door lets us use their bathroom as long as we keep buying stuff. I have to go in a pair because I have no money to spend. Luckily I brought my bottle to refill my water at the soda fountain.

"Oh my god, there's his bus driving by," Rita says screeching. As soon as she says that the other girls are jumping to their feet waving.

Like Floridian clockwork, the rain starts to downpour instantly. The girls are shrieking trying to get under the building awning. I'm too busy with my head tilting up eyes shut and arms out enjoying the relief of the rain. Every raindrop is cooling off my overheated body. Bringing so much sense of relief all I can do is smile.

Lucas

Lucas

Driving by the stadium I saw her... Her hair is a golden ray of sunshine in a gloom of gray clouds. The peacefulness on her face as the rain fell on it made her even more beautiful. My eyes could not stop looking at her until we passed her and she was gone.

Looking over at Stan who is currently playing a game on his phone. It's this game where you collect puppies and take care of them. It's funny and adorable seeing as how Stan has a tough guy persona. Hearing all the puppy noises just makes it cuter.

"Stan, I'm going undercover and I want you to come with me. So you need to go undercover too. The fans know you by now."

"I hate when you do this. I'm always dreading the time you get caught. It's going to be horrendous." Stan grumbles deeply.