Chapter 1

Yunjin didn’t have many worries when she was thirteen.

Being wealthy made it so she didn’t have to worry about food or about not getting a certain item she wanted, whatever that might be.

She had a worker doing whatever task a thirteen year old might be in charge of around the house and she was also home schooled, so going to school also wasn’t one of her worries. The school came to her.

Yunjin had a teacher come in for every single one of the subjects she needed to study, or at least every single one her parents deemed important.

Overall, Yunjin lived a pretty good life.

She was aware of how lucky she was, she had enough sense of reality to tell. She also knew not everyone was as lucky as she is. Her best friend is the best example of that.

Having everything handed to her whenever she wanted also made it so that Yunjin grew bored very easily.

There wasn’t much for her to do and frankly, her parents either forbid her from doing said things or they weren’t around for it. Yunjin had a very lonely childhood.

That’s why she is so thankful for Chaewon.

Chaewon came in fairly recently. Her family’s old butler resigned and they had to find a new one.

This one had a lot of good recommendations, the only issue, in her parents eyes, was that he had a young daughter. Which had no one to stay with but him, and since he was going to live at their house his daughter would have to move in too.

Yunjin’s parents were of course hesitant at first. They don’t particularly enjoy having someone in their house like that. Not when they’re not working for them.

Her parents are the best example of people Yunjin doesn’t want to grow up to be. She despises the way they treat people like a belonging, like something material that they can do anything they want to do and then toss them out. Yunjin is not like that.

Yunjin was the happiest she had been in a while when she found out Chaewon was her age.

She was a little closed off at first, from what Yunjin could gather she hadn’t had a lot of chances of socializing in her life.

Which wasn’t a problem for Yunjin at all, she does like being social.

Yunjin would try making conversations with her, would offer her to play with her toys, hiding it from her parents, of course. But she would just try making sure Chaewon felt like she belonged somehow.

She was desperate to feel like that too, if she was being honest. Yunjin felt misplaced for such a long time, she really felt like that changed when Chaewon came along.

After multiple times the girl finally warmed up to her.

Yunjin knew they were different, her being an alpha from a wealthy family and Chaewon being an omega from a less fortunate family. But being young she didn’t care much about it.

Soon they were best friends.

They would do everything they could together, as much as her parents allowed to anyway.

Any activity Yunjin did, like school or any classes, she would do them alone. Which at the end of the day didn’t matter, Yunjin would share everything with Chaewon regardless.

Her parents knew how close they were, that’s why after a while they made sure to enroll Yunjin in more activities. 

It didn’t help at all, even if she was busy all day she would stay with Chaewon all night.