Chapter 5

Chaewon feels like she hasn’t slept in forever.

It might seem a little foolish, even after years Yunjin is still affecting her this much. Frankly, she never thought she would be ready to see her again.

Part of her hoped she never would, seeing Yunjin means reliving all the heartbreak from back then, no matter how over it she is, it’s a little inevitable. However, whether she likes it or not, Yunjin was a huge part of her life, she is where she is right now in life because of her. Maybe it wasn't all bad, she knows that it was not.

It’s still hard.

She’s not going to lie to herself and say that she never thought of Yunjin. She did, daily even, given everything. But the thing is, it was always the pleasant memories, the ones she likes the most.

Her coming back like this brings back all the bad ones.

She has no idea how it’ll be working with her. She knows for a fact that she changed a lot as a person, she doesn’t know if Yunjin did too. Either way, only time will tell. She hopes time is good for her.

Chaewon tried preparing herself. She got up earlier than usual, did her skin care, breakfast, everything she usually did in the mornings. She texted Sakura telling her she was going to arrive a little earlier today, she answered with a thumbs up and a bunch of hearts after. Chaewon laughed.

Sakura doesn’t know the entire story yet. Being her best friend Sakura knows about everything that went down between them, she just doesn’t know that Yunjin was the one to break her heart all those years back. She didn’t have a face or a name, just the story.

She is not too sure when she’s going to tell her. Mostly she just wants to see how she will react to actually seeing Yunjin.

Chaewon is a little embarrassed by it. She remembers that back then things were so recent she poured her heart out to Sakura. She has no idea if she still remembers it, but part of her doesn’t want to tell Sana who Yunjin is to her.

She feels prepared now. Chaewon knows that even if she wasn’t, she would have to pretend. She doesn't want to seem weak or vulnerable next to Yunjin, quite the opposite, she wants to show her that she has grown, changed. She is better, she became someone in life.

Chaewon thinks that maybe she is being a little too bitter towards Yunjin. In her mind it is clear though, she doesn't hate her or anything like that. She just hates the situation they were put in.

The office was empty when she got there. Except for the cleaning crew she was one of the first people to arrive.

Chaewon settled herself in her office, going over a few emails and whatever she could do ahead of time. She easily lost track of time whenever she started working, she was a perfectionist and she went over the numbers four, five times to make sure things were right.

When she realized Sakura was knocking on her door. “Chaewon?” She looked up from her laptop. “Huh Yunjin is here, I’m going downstairs to greet her and show her the company, we should be back up here soon. I want you in the room for our meeting, okay?”

“Yeah.” Chaewon hesitantly agreed.

She was trying not to freak out. It would probably take a while for them to come back upstairs, the company was pretty big, but eventually they would get there and Chaewon was not looking forward to that at all.

She tried thinking of multiple ways of getting away, of leaving, but nothing came to mind. No excuse was good enough, besides, she needs her job, she likes it, she can’t lose it.