Chapter 4

Chaewon locked the door of her  apartment and rushed to the car. She was praying to all gods she could think of, she needs them to work in her favor so there is no traffic.

She wasn’t exactly late, but if one single car slowed down in front of her she might be. She has no idea how that happened when she woke up earlier than usual. Maybe she needs to plan her mornings better.

It doesn’t matter now, though. If she rushes she’ll make it in time for her 9am meeting.

She heard her phone go off on the passenger seat. Her instincts were telling her it was Sakura, but she wouldn’t grab her phone, not while she was driving.

Once she arrived at the company’s building Sakura was waiting for her at the door. “You are almost late.” 

“But I’m not.” Chaewon smiled. “There was a little traffic.” She lied.

“I know you’re lying.” Sakura rolled her eyes. “You’re lucky I like you.”

“Why did you ask me to come in earlier anyway?” She questioned, opening the door building. “I’m not a part of this meeting, it's above my paycheck.”

“I know.” Chaewon sighed. “But I need you to go over some numbers as I send them to you, this meeting is very important for the company’s future. I promise I’ll tell you everything when I can.” She pouted.

“It’s fine, I’m the company’s accountant, it’s my job to be there whenever you need me. Especially when it comes to the company deals.” She walked with Sakura inside the office.

Normally Sakura kept her informed of everything that was going on in the company. She was Sakura's right hand after all.

Chaewon remembers when she met Sakura like it was yesterday.

After Yunjin left for America she felt lost. The alpha was all that she has known for a while and she wasn’t too sure on what to do after her.

She doesn’t even like thinking about her. She is not bitter or anything, she just hates how she felt back then. It was like her entire world was ripped away from her overnight.

Chaewon was so desperate to do anything to distract herself from the pain that she started going after studying.

She didn’t have the money, but she worked as hard as she could to make ends meet.

She’s very thankful for Yunjin for teaching everything she did, it gave her a head start. She moved away from the Huh's to a tiny apartment in the city. One she could barely pay the rent.

But it worked, with that she found the motivation she needed to go back to studying.

Chaewon was smart, she knew that. She applied for scholarships and took as many side courses as she could. All that while working too.

Things weren’t easy for her, at all. Her life was tough and she was ready to be crushed at any minute. But she pushed through it. She was determined to have a better life.

After a few tries she was able to get into a good university. With that she dedicated herself to school.

That’s where she met Sakura.

Sakura was loud and sociable. Chaewon had no idea how she ended up at her university when she could very well pay for a much better place.

Nowadays she knows Sakura handpicked the university they went to because they had the best business program in the state.

Chaewon had lived long enough around wealthy people to know Sakura was one of them. She also knew enough to know she is one of the nice ones.

She finally felt like she belonged somewhere again. They quickly became best friends. Things only improved after that.