Chapter 14

Chaewon likes to think she has a good heart. She’s nice to everyone, she respects other people, she’s just overall a good person.

For a long time in her life she didn’t think she was capable of even disliking someone.

That was of course until she moved into Yunjin’s house.

Her parents always made a point to treat her badly and at first she didn’t quite understand why, until it was too obvious for her to deny.

She disliked them, but she never hated them. Not until what they did to them at least.

After that she was bitter towards them. She doesn’t think what she feels about them is hate, but it’s something dangerously close to it.

Chaewon didn't like whenever she thought about them, she would do her best to keep them off her head, but lately it’s been hard.

They can't seem to leave them alone and whenever they have a slight hint of happiness, they show up to ruin everything. She hates how entitled they are, how they want to manipulate everything and everyone.

Things are different now, though, she’s not young and naive like she used to be when they interfered with their lives the first time, and neither is Yunjin. Things have changed for the better, they can fight back now.

Yunjin knows she can’t just show up to their doorstep and tell them everything she wants to, that’s not how things work with them, they don't want to play into their things, so they have to be cautious and play their cards right.

Yunjin orchestrated the entire thing, she first got all the documents she needed from Irene, just to make sure that they couldn’t contradict her.

Then she scheduled a meeting with them.

It was obvious they would try escaping it, they went around it as best as they could, but Yunjin stood her ground, they were going to talk whether they wanted to or not.

Eventually they settled on a date.

Yunjin couldn’t sleep the night before. She tossed and turned, to a point where she woke Chaewon up.

“What’s wrong?” She questioned.

“Can’t sleep.” Yunjin sighed. “Too much on my head.”

“It’ll be okay.” She tried reassuring her, to no avail.

Yunjin knows just exactly how difficult her parents can be, though Chaewon has a pretty good idea as well. She knows that with everything she has and being as strong willed as she is right now, there is still a chance that everything will go badly.

She doesn’t want to lose Chaewon, she’s scared of it.

At this point she would choose her and Eunchae over her parents in a heartbeat. No questions asked.