Chapter 3

They were both in shock for a while after Yunjin's mother caught them.

Neither of them are too sure of what to do or what to say. Not even to each other.

The only thing they are sure of is that things are not going to be fine from now on. There’s no way Yunjin's parents would let this slide. They didn’t like Chaewon at all, there was no way they would accept them to be together.

Yunjin made sure to let Chaewon know it was okay, it wasn’t her fault and they would be okay regardless of what came after this. Their love was stronger, they would get through it together.

It wasn’t an empty promise. Yunjin was truly willing to go above and beyond for Chaewon, but she had no idea what her parents had stored for them.

She tried going about with her life as normal as she could, but it was hard knowing at any minute her life would completely change and she had no idea how.

Yunjin tried sneaking around her house as much as possible after that.

She knew that when Monday would come she wouldn't be able to avoid her parents, so at least she tried to during the weekend. To no avail.

Yunjin took one step inside the kitchen and saw both her parents sitting on the island eating breakfast. They were distracted talking so she saw this as an opportunity to flee.

She took one step back, hoping they didn’t see her at all.

“Yunjin.”

She squeezed her eyes and stood still, hoping she was invisible.

“Can you come in here, please?”

Though the request was nice enough, Yunjin knew she didn’t have a choice. It was more of a treat rather than an option. She sighed.

She knew from their faces nothing good was coming from this conversation. All her expectations went out the window right at that moment. She was prepared for the worse now.

“We are very disappointed in you.” Her father started. “I can’t even count the amount of times we warned you to stay away from that…” He didn’t finish her sentence, and honestly Yunjin didn’t mind it, she hates when they talk badly about Chaewon.

“She is not good for you, Yunjin.” Her mother continued. “You’re a nice, respectable, beautiful young woman. You deserve the best of the best and I’m afraid she is none of that, therefore she is not worthy of you my dear.”

“We understand you may think you like her.” Her father sighed. “But you’re young and you have no clue what you’re doing or what you’re choosing for your life. She has no future, not a bright one like yours anyway.”

“As your parents we can’t let you make a decision that will ruin your life like this, Yunjin. We are doing this for your own good.” Her mother got up from her seat to stand next to her. “You either end things with her, or we will be forced to take extreme measures about it.”