Chapter 12

Ever since Yunjin came back from abroad there was only one thing occupying her mind. Chaewon.

She really fought to be back in her life and it honestly made herself proud. She was willing to pursue and go after the women she knew she still loved.

Yunjin did her best to understand Chaewon's side too. She knows it can’t be easy from her point of view either. Even more so after she found out about Eunchae.

It was so easy for them to walk back into her life. They had a special place with her. They belonged together, they already had their future taken away from them once, she’s not letting that happen again.

Yunjin pulled away from her parents a lot after what they did, it made sense. They didn’t seem to care too much about it, as long as at the end of the day Yunjin did whatever they wanted.

They always assume they know better.

It’s been two days and Yunjin was still not able to talk to them. The most she got out of them was a meeting.

After trying to contact them for so long she got a text from her mother.

“We are not going to talk to you while you’re this irrational. If you want to have a civil conversation we can, however we need you to cool off first. You’re not a child anymore, you can’t keep throwing tantrum fits. We won’t talk to you as long as you have them. If you want to we are willing to meet with you to talk over everything. Thursday at 2PM, at the restaurant near our company. Be there.”

Yunjin almost couldn’t believe it when she read it. They still treat her like a child even after so long. She just wanted to talk to them and try to understand. They ran from the conversation in the first place.

But she already knows them. They’re stubborn and think they’re always right. She knew there was no point in chasing them around and trying going after them, it would only make things worse. They would only run more from the conversation and go against her whenever they talk. It’s best to give it time with them.

However it made her feel like she reached a dead end. She felt like her hands were tied when it came to her parents and when it came to Chaewon.

She couldn’t have that, she knew that if she wanted to fix things with Chaewon her time was being counted already. She couldn’t want too long to talk to her, she didn’t want to either.

She hates being away from her, she hates the idea that she’s hurting right now because of her. Yunjin owes it to her to go after her, to at least try to explain everything. Even if she doesn’t believe her or doesn’t want to be with her anymore. She still needs to go after her.

Yunjin wanted to have the full story when she did so. Ideally she would’ve had talked to her parents already, she would’ve changed their mind so she could give more to Chaewon.

But she wasn’t able to do that. Still, she hopes what she has is enough.

At least she has Sakura to back her up, at least she was able to talk to her parents and they’re a little more aware of what is going on.