Chapter 9

Yunjin was hesitant about moving back.

Not because of what she left behind when she moved away, but because she was scared she would fall back into old routines.

She doesn’t mean anything related to Chaewon of course, she means with her parents. After a couple of years living alone in the US, she was finally able to gain her independence.

As soon as she moved her parents were still always on her back, asking where she was, at first they even tracked her, but the more time passed the more they let go.

Yunjin thinks they eventually just grew tired of trying to keep up with her, it’s a lot harder to make her stay in line when they’re not actually there. Not that Yunjin did anything wrong while she was there, she was just bitter.

They made her leave the love of her life behind, they didn’t give a crap about her feelings, at this point she was sure they cared more about their image rather than her happiness.

She stayed there because her idea of coming back didn’t work. She stayed there because she was scared of going back and things starting again.

She knew what it was like to be free from her parent's insanity, she didn’t want to go back to that.

Now she’s more than glad that she decided to come back. Yunjin knew things would be different now, she has been more unrestrained for a while now. Her parents let her take control of a good part of the company, one that took care of more ‘current’ things, the things their parents didn’t really understand.

Companies evolved, just like our society, and they stayed back in their early days. So for the most part they only take care of older deals, people they’ve been working with for years. People like Sana’s parents.

That’s how she bonded so well with her. Sakura was raised just like her, strictly, for the most part. Not as bad as her, but somewhat. She was born already wealthy and that’s the only life she knows.

It was hard to find people like her and Sakura when you have that much money, Yunjin thought she was lucky to find her.

Going back to her country, it was easy to fall back into a routine there.

Her parents were mostly busy at first, so she didn’t see them until around the third day she was there already.

They mostly talked business, Yunjin went over a few numbers and some things they had to talk about for the company. Besides that, they didn’t even ask how she was.

Seeing Chaewon again brought a new light into her world, one that was long forgotten. She looked the same, except a bit more mature, she felt her feelings rushing back.

Looking back to the first few weeks trying to get Chaewon to agree to even talk to her, and looking at them now, she couldn’t be happier.

When Chaewon said she was willing to try things again with her she felt a joy she hasn’t felt in years, not ever since she left to the US and left the love of her life behind.