Chapter 1: Nine Years Later

*Sonic was just relaxing on the rooftop of his house and sighs in relaxation*

Sonic: Ahh, what a nice day. Welp. Gotta do some morning exercises. 

*Sonic then starts taking a morning run across Mobius city. He then passes by Sally and Sally giggles*

Sonic: Gooood morning, Princess. 

Sally: *chuckles* Good morning, Sonic. I'm assuming you're getting ready for the parade?

Sonic: Uhhhh...which parade?

Sally: *sigh* The 50th victory parade ring a bell?

Sonic: Ooo, that one! Um, yeah. Totally. 

Sally: You're not ready, aren't you?

Sonic: No, no. Really, I am. Almost done. 

Sally: *chuckles* Just kidding, I know you are. Be at Castle Acorn by 3. 

Sonic: Not a prob, Sal. *Takes off running*

*Sonic runs into Tails' workshop*

Tails: Hey, Sonic.

Sonic: Heya, Tails. Watcha working on?

Tails: Confetti cannons for the parade. They'll go off as soon as Sally is finished with her speech. 

Sonic: Cool.

Tails: *chuckles* Thanks. Are you prepared for the parade?

Sonic: Yeperdo! Just nearly finished!

*Meanwhile in Eggmans base* 

Eggman: After many years of humiliating defeats, I now have everything I need to overpower that little blue rodent ONCE AND FOR ALL!

Eggman: I now have united ALL of Sonic's enemies together to join me in a battle with the blue rodent. And now that I have a perfect army, the little rodent WILL BE NO MATCH FOR ME! *laughs* 

 And now that I have a perfect army, the little rodent WILL BE NO MATCH FOR ME! *laughs* 

Scourge: So egghead, what do we do?

Eggman: We kill the blue rodent first and then we destroy Mobius! *laughs menacingly* 

Nack: I'm looking forward to stuffing the blue's head in a bag and selling it for money.