Prologue

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED ALL I WROTE IS ORIGINAL PLEASE DO NOT STEAL MY IDEAS I DO NOT OWN SIMON COWELL OR ONE DIRECTION. enjoy.

Simon was just finishing up the last few ends in his office and then he was done for the week. He grabs his things and heads for the lift. Excited about getting caught up with an old friend over dinner tonight was the only thing on his mind. As he took the lift down to the lobby, he took out his phone to check for any missed calls.

"Have a good weekend Mr. Cowell" said the receptionist in the lobby as he walked past her to the main doors.

"Thanks, you too Sarah." Said Simon, with a smile on his face, happy it was Friday already.

Later that evening Simon had headed downtown to meet up with an old acquaintance at a little Chinese restaurant. It had been a while since he had been to that part of town it was a bit run down. What once was an upscale area with trendy shops, restaurants and boutiques is now strip club, corner convenient stores and dry cleaners. There was a high crime rate and drug deals on almost every corner. Thugs surrounded the clubs in alleyways. Parking was only available in back for establishments in that area as the buildings were attached to each other.

Simon was now uncomfortable with the idea and found a parking space close to the entrance making it a short distance away from the Chinese restaurant. It was still the quaint little place Simon remembers frequenting a few years ago remembering it was famous for its "kung-po chicken." The atmosphere hadn't changed either. Vermilion colored walls, gold dragon and Buddha statues and Chinese lanterns with tassels on the ends were seen throughout the restaurant. Little tea light candles lit on the tables giving it that classic ambiance. Simon looked around and took a seat with his buddy.

"Hey mate!" He said as he shook his friend's hand, "It's been a while, how have you been?"

"Hey Simon, your looking great!"

"So what brings you here?" asks Simon starting up chit chat.

"Here on business, just here for the weekend."

After the small talk and getting caught up on old times the dinner had come to an end. Simon bid a fair well to his mate. As he headed out the restaurant towards his car his phone rang. "Hello hel- hel- hello?" said Simon with his phone up to his ear and his other hand covering his other ear trying to listen as the signal was breaking up. "Great no signal! Totally worthless." As he walks around the building to the parking area his phone rings again. Looking down to see who is trying to call him he sees his driver side car door open. "What the hell"? he thinks to himself.

As he comes closer to his car he sees a pair of legs. "Hey what the hell!" he yells. Simon then sees the head of the criminal pop up witnessing the crime in progress. Simon sees a young boy dressed in black jeans, black t-shirt, leather jacket and black leather fingerless gloves with blondish spikey hair. The boy quickly scattered down the alley way adjacent to the parking area. "Hey punk get back here!" exclaimed Simon while trying to chase after him but to no avail the kid disappeared into the darkness and Simon wasn't as quick on his feet as the young boy was. Darting back to his car Simon could see glass shattered in front of the driver's side door which is still open.

He took out his phone to call the police remembering there wasn't a signal. He was puzzled that his car alarm didn't go off. He must have caught the boy just as the break in occurred because upon inspection nothing of value was missing. Simon had forgotten his MacBook in the car from the office and his GPS was still intact. Satisfied nothing was missing he decided not to file a report when he got home.