Chapter 22: Fallout Shelter

After Simon received a call from the manager of the service station about the altercation with the foul mouthed lad, he immediately picked up Amy and headed over to Church Street where the recent sightings took place.

“Would you like to tell me what the hell is going on?” Amy asked as Simon sped off.

“I got a call from the manager of the petrol station today.” Simon said with a look of accomplishment on his face.

“And?” Amy asked as she turned the air vent on.

“Well, apparently there have been complaints from other employees about that punk with Louis description. He’s known for his foul mouth and bad-ass attitude.”

Amy looked at Simon and raised an eyebrow. “Fits the description you gave to a T.” She said as she adjusted the vent towards her face.

“Not only that” Simon continued as he made a turn at the intersection “but some customers have mentioned that they’ve seen him hanging around the abandoned Funeral Home over on the Church St.”

“Funeral Home?” Amy exclaimed “That’s not creepy- Ew!”  She said as she got the shivers.

“So are you up for a little investigating?” Simon asked as he parked alongside the curb opposite the cathedral and funeral home.

“Not exactly Sherlock” Amy said sarcastically.

“Sherlock? Very funny… get your ass out of the car and let’s do this!” Simon said as he locked the doors and activated the alarm system in his car.

Amy was curious to know what exactly was attracting Louis there in the first place and Simon was anxious to see if Amy would get a vision off of anything that would help them confront Louis.

As they enter the funeral home the scent of incense was present indicating that it had been burned not long ago. Amy is suddenly plagued by a bad vibe, but being that it’s a funeral home she brushes it off. With only the light from the moon shining through the windows, they find their way down to the basement level where bodies of the dead were once processed and prepared for viewing.

Simon fetches a lighter from his pocket to help illuminate their way. As Simon leads the way they pass a room where something catches Amy’s eye. While Simon continues to explore the processing room for clues, Amy trails off to another room where a fairly new and unused coffin is on display.

“Simon… over here” Amy calls out to Simon. Unaware she is no longer on his heels, he is startled by her call.

“Ouch! Shit!” Amy hears from the other room.

“Simon? What happened?” Amy sounds concerned but doesn’t want to leave.

“Where are you?” Simon calls out to Amy as he re-lights the lighter that he just burned the tip of his thumb with.

“Over here” Amy says as Simon turns to follow her voice.

He exits the room while calling out to Amy. Just as Simon was about to enter the room where he hears Amy’s voice from, she bumps into him, sending him flying on his ass.

“Simon! Are you OK?” Amy gasps and holds her hands to her chest.

“Jesus Amy! Don’t you do that to a person!” he exclaims as she helps him to his feet.

“Hey, you got your lighter? Look at what I found.” Amy says while sounding excited like an archaeologist on a dig.

Simon lights the lighter to discover the coffin and some candles that had been recently lit. As Simon lights the candles, more than just a coffin is discovered in that room. That bad vibe that plagued Amy earlier was an indication of what they witnessed as the room illuminated. Pentagrams, a podium and ceremonial books were among the items they saw.