Chapter 17: Niall's Flat

Liam called Niall later that evening to find out how things were going, and what the doctor said.

"Hey, mate," Liam said when Niall answered.

"Oh, hey boss," said Niall as he glanced in Harry's direction.

"What did the doctor say?" Liam asked as he turned off all the neon lights in the club.

"He's in rough shape, but no internal injuries. He has a fractured collar bone and a few broken ribs. The doctor gave him something for the pain and a sedative," Niall said as he grabbed a blanket from the closet. 

"It's a good thing we got him out of there when we did then, yeah?" Liam said as he locked the front doors of the club. 

"Yeah, the doctor said he's a bit dehydrated and will need to be on bed rest for the next few days," Niall said as he set up the couch to crash on for the night. 

"Ok, mate, I'll check on you again in the morning... but if anything goes wrong, call me, OK?" Liam said as he set the security alarm.

Liam waited another day for Harry to recover well enough to inform him of the reason for his rescue. He couldn't elude Simon and Amy any longer - he had to come up with something convincing enough to interest  Harry. 

He took a deep breath before he knocked on the door to Niall's flat. Niall opened the door enough for an eye to peek through the crack. Once he recognized Liam, he swung the door open. 

"Hey, mate, come on in," Niall greets him and gestures for Liam to enter. 

"Did I catch you at a bad time?" Liam asks as he crosses the threshold with his hands in his pockets.

"No man, we were just talking," Niall says as he closes the door behind him. "Have a seat," Niall says as he shows Liam to the living room. "Can I get you anything?" Niall asks as Liam sees Harry lounging on the couch and takes a seat in the chair opposite him. 

"I'm good, thanks," Liam replies, turning his head in Niall's direction. He looks back over at Harry. 

"Hey, Harry, you're looking a lot better than the last time I saw you." 

Harry grins. "I'm sorry, who are you?" he asks with a confused look on his face. 

"Harry, this is Liam," says Niall as he picks up Harry's feet, sits on the couch and puts Harry's feet on his lap. 

Harry looks over at Niall and asks "What's going on?" 

Liam leans forward, places his elbows on his knees and interlocks his fingers together.

"Look, I'm here for two reasons - one is to see how you're doing, and two, to explain the reason for your snatch and grab at the warehouse. I'm going to cut to the chase; I've been informed there are headhunters out for you."

He saw Harry's eyes widen.

"Me?" he asked while pointing to his own chest. "What for?" he asks in surprise, looking at Niall and then back at Liam. 

"Well, they're looking for a HS that fits your description," Liam says as he rubs the back of his neck, where a stress knot is starting to form. "But first, I need to ask you a few questions before I let them know you've been located." 

"Head hunters?" Niall interrupted, looking confused. 

Liam shoots him another 'really, Niall' look. 

"Never mind... continue," Niall says as he makes the connection. 

"I know this is going to sound strange, but are you musically talented?" asks Liam as he sits back in his chair and crosses his arms.