23. Bliss

Finally, pleasure she could choose.

No enchantment. Only pure lust, blooming within.

All Enara wanted was to lose herself, to feel good. She wanted Rhedyn as close as she could get him- which at the moment, was under her, laying in the grass.

She straddled him, skirts spilling outwards as his hands wandered beneath. Lips locked, he gripped her thighs fiercely. His hips pressed upwards into her, pressing where she was most sensitive.

Enara let herself rock against him, drawing a low growl from his lips. He hardened.

"The Forest's gotten her mischief into you after all,"

Enara didn't bother asking him what he meant by that. She was too busy catching her breath as Rhedyn rolled her off, pinning her below.

His huge hands held her arms above her head, pressing her firmly into the grass. He used more force than she'd expected, but it sent a thrill straight through her.

Enara held his gaze, marveling at the desire she saw there. She could picture how he'd look breathing heavy, auburn waves falling into his face, cheeks flushed. Oh, to kiss the beads of sweat on his neck like dew. To see him lost in pleasure... Gods, she needed to see him like that. Needed to see him unravel as he drove himself deep inside her.

He was oddly still now. Hands gripping her so tightly, gaze burning into her.

"You're going to be mine, and mine alone today."

Enara nodded a little too enthusiastically.

"Good," He smirked, "We agree,"

"Definitely," she breathed.

Enara couldn't help but squirm slightly, the throbbing between her legs making her draw her thighs close together. She was his already, if only he'd just take her. 

Instead, Rhedyn nudged his knee between her own, making her spread them apart again. He smiled.

"Trust me, I don't want to wait another moment either," he purred, as if he'd read her mind. "But I can't have you getting any ideas..."

Enara stiffened, watching as Rhedyn's pupils swirled with familiar darkness.

"Ideas about what?"

She already wanted him so desperately, she couldn't possibly imagine what he might need an enchantment for.

"Running," he answered simply, as the last spindles of ink overtook his golden irises.

Where was this coming from? He hadn't seem worried about her escaping earlier in the day...

Suddenly, there was a trembling of earth, a shifting of soil. A cold, serpentine tendril wound around Enara's wrists.

She shifted, trying to peer above her head at whatever was taking hold of her now. She recognized the tree roots at once, emerging from the earth. She pulled against them, but felt them grow taut.

"Running from you is the last thing I want to do right now," she protested. She searched Rhedyn's gaze, trying to understand.

He didn't trust her after all...