2

Solina | Los Angeles Army Base

"Shit" I sighed to myself as I sat on the bed of my barrack. "You good Sergeant?" One of my troop members, Toby asked me. I sighed and rubbed my hands along my face. "I just got some life changing news, rook" I told him with a chuckle.

I actually have a whole ten year old daughter. What makes shit even crazier? Is that her mother is a world renowned superstar. Considering I've been in the army for the last 10 years located in different parts of the world, I've only been home maybe three times in the ten year period.

I knew who Beyoncé was and I knew she was married but I didn't know she had a daughter. My sisters were the ones that usually kept me up to date on the whole modern world of artist but they never mentioned to me she had a daughter.

Well, maybe they have but I just wasn't listening.

Thank god I go home today from spending three months in Iraq. At first I wasn't going to believe Beyoncé when she began telling me about why she had called. But, I ended up throwing all that away when she told me the reason she gave Blue my grandmothers middle name.

Not many people knew about my grandmother, not even many of my troops knew of this so I knew Beyoncé was telling the truth about actually using my sperm from that clinic.

I got up from my bed and decided to go talk to General Mavis about having some leave from going out on the field for a few months so I can get my affairs in order.

I walked to his office and braced myself before knocking on the door.

"Come in" he said. I opened the door tentatively before stepping in and immediately standing straight in position with my hands behind my back and my head held high. "At ease Sergeant" he told me and I immediately relaxed my position at the command.

"What do you need, Sergeant Smith?" He asked me as he gestured for me to sit down. I sat down and folded my hands in my lap. "General Mavis, I want to request a few months off from going into the field" I told him. He looked up from his paper work to stare at me with slight wide eyes.

I knew this was a surprise since I've never asked for a leave before.

"And what is the meaning of this request?" He asked me. I took a deep breath, "a few minutes ago, I just got a call from a woman telling me she had my daughter from using some sperm I donated a few years ago prior to me entering the army. I didn't want to believe her at first but she told me something about my grandmother that I never told anyone so that made me believe she was telling the truth. We spoke about a day for us to talk before I get to meet her and I'm requesting the time off to have a few months to get to know my little girl before I am sent off again" I told him.

He was looking at me, seemingly taking in everything I just said before moving his paper work to the side and nodding.

"This is a big matter, Sergeant Smith. Good timing too since everything has been calm. I will give you a minimum of six months of leave to get your affairs in order. I will put Major Brown in your position during your absence. But, if you are called in earlier, I expect you to come in" he told me and I nodded immediately.

"Thank you, sir." I told him before standing up and shaking his hand. "I wish you the best in these six months Sergeant and I hope you and your daughter build a great relationship" he told me.

With his last few words, I saluted him and took that as my chance to leave.

I walked back to my barrack to grab my stuff with a smile on my face. "Someone's happy" Dante, another one of my crew said earning whistles from the rest. "What got that big smile on your face, Serg?" Mark asked me. I stuffed my last shoe into my luggage before closing it and turning to the boys.

"I just found out I have a ten year old daughter walking this earth and the general just gave me a six month leave so I can get to know her by the time we get home" I said and that erupted cheers in the barracks. "Damn sergeant, you a mama now? Welcome to the club of parenthood" Toby congratulated me and I smiled. "Thank you boys" I said to them.

When everyone had their stuff, we all made our way from the base barracks from where we had spent the night from coming back from Japan. Now, we just had to ride the two hour drive to L.A so that we could make it by 4 so that we all could see our families.

Shit, it just dawned on me that I needed to tell my sisters all about this somehow. They crazy asses just might kill me thinking I got some random girl pregnant.

Lord keep a strong hand on me.

***
"Solo oh my god!" Chance said as she launched herself onto me. I held her with ease in my right arm as I held my suitcase in my left. "Hi to you too baby sis" I said to my twenty year old sister.

We walked towards our other sister, Coco who took my bag from my hand to put it in the back of the trunk of her car. I gave her a thankful smile before letting go of Chance.

"Alright Chance, let me go greet Coco now. You can't just get all my loving" I told her jokingly and she pushed me away. I moved to my other sister and engulfed her in a bone crushing hug. She began punching my back profusely and I quickly let go of her with a loud laugh.

"I can't stand your light ass sometimes" she said, pushing my shoulder and moving to the driver seat of the car. I quickly moved to the passenger side after I put my bag in the back with Chance. "Well, you love your big sister so don't try to act like you don't" I told her, playfully rolling my eyes earning a chuckle from Chance.

We all talked and caught up on everything I missed with them. Coco has gotten a new role of playing Hillary Banks in a modern remake of the Fresh Prince of Bel Air and she needs me to help her go over her lines.  Chance is working on a big project for her college fashion class where she, for some reason, is going to use me as a mannequin to model her men portion.

Regardless, I was gonna help my sisters with whatever they need because that's just the big sister in me.

When we made it to Coco's house, I saw my beloved Range Rover in her driveway that I missed so much.

"My baby oh my god I missed you so much" I said once I got out and affectionately hugged my car. "Your love for a car is crazy sis" Chance said after we walked into the house. I playfully pouted, "don't do me. You love that ugly ass car you go too and treats it like a five year old" I told her, referring to the hot pink hellcat that Coco and I got her a year ago as a gift when I was on deployment.

She stuck her tongue out at me and we all moved to the kitchen. I sat at the island as the two began to make something for lunch with my leg bouncing in anticipation at what I was about to tell them.

"Guys, I have to tell you something. It's really important so please don't interrupt, okay?" I told them and the looked at each other before back at me and nodding. "Okay. Do you guys remember after nana died, I donated some of my...swimmers to that clinic she used to work at?" I asked and they nodded. "Well, someone used them. I got a call earlier today from a woman saying she had...our child. She's 10 years old too" I told them.

They looked at me blankly. It was so quiet in here that you could hear a pen drop. My anxiety was through the roof right now.

"What's her name?" Chance asked. "Um, Blue, Blue Ivy" I told them. Only then, Coco eyes went wide and she shook out of shocked state she was in. "Blue Ivy? As in Blue Ivy Carter? Beyoncé's daughter?" She asked and I hummed in conformation.

"Of course you had to have a baby by a fucking superstar without even knowing"

____________
Hi lovelies 🫶🏾.
I know nothing about army terminology, I'm using shit from movies and the little background knowledge I have from school so y'know bear with me 😔.
I loveee this concept even tho I can't do the slowburn. It drives me crazy that's why I don't do it in my stories 😭.
Enjoy n comment n all that 🤸🏾‍♀️.