...Celia...

For two days, it was starting to take effect the reason why I moved away. Last night, I had slept in the clothes I had worn on the way. I couldn't remember how sleep had taken me so quickly, not even changing my clothes. Indeed, I had fallen like a log.

"Oh God, this is truly terrible!"

I woke up around 9:15 and with reluctance, I decided to drag myself slowly to the shower. I opted for a cold shower to open my tired eyes. I kept yawning and my mouth wanted to split open from the constant yawning.

"I hope this shower wakes me up."

And at the end , I didn't need to speak twice. I put on my bathrobe and headed to the closet of clothes. I wanted to go out to get some fresh air in New Haven. I wanted to see the city and get somewhat acquainted with it, even though the GPS had been turned on, in my phone for a while. I put my phone on charge for a bit and started getting dressed. I brushed my hair instead of using a hairdryer, otherwise, my hair would become even denser and more annoying than it already were.

I wore a pair of jeans and a white blouse. I put on a long shawl, over my shoulders, that served as a small cape. I took my phone, my purse, and left my room. It seemed calm downstairs. Most likely, Mr. Rodger had already left or could be inside consuming breakfast accompanied by the news, as people do nowadays. I went down the stairs and went into the small courtyard. I made sure I had closed the surrounding gate and headed towards a cafeteria where I could have something. Despite it's called cafeteria, I wouldn't have coffee. I had never drunk coffee as I imagined that only its aroma gives me a fainting feeling. I had searched on google for a cafeteria nearby and saw that one of them was about three blocks away from my new house.

"Moon's cape, huh?"

A name that I had never come across before. It seemed strange as a name, but it was very common among people of all ages. I entered inside and felt a warm, conditioned air embracing my body. I felt like in the seventh heaven after that cold shower. I looked around for a table to sit at, and I liked one near the windows. That spot, it provided some privacy and in a way, it felt like you were hidden from people's gazes. I headed towards where I had left my long shawl that I had thrown over my shoulders and left the purse on the other chair. Instinctively, I glanced out the window.

"Hello, may I take your order?"

The voice of the waitress interrupted me from my ongoing action.

"I would like a hot cocoa, please."

"Sure, no problem."

I started to admire the cafeteria's decoration. It had soothing and cozy colors. The tables were almost full, and many people were having a coffee or a doughnut and then heading to their work. My order didn't take long, and my hot cocoa was placed on the table with whipped cream, with its characteristic aroma.

"Here's your order."

"Thank you."

The waitress left the cup and hurried to serve other customers who were waiting. They were very active, and a smile characterized them. New Haven seemed lively, people seemed lively, or more precisely, that's how they appeared as long as I was unfamiliar with these streets.

"It's better to drink this before it gets cold."

I removed my face from the hand where I had it rested and decided to pick up the cup to drink it.

"Oh God, not again!"

My loose hair had found a way to dive into my cocoa.

"I just took a shower." I said. "What's wrong with me?"

I removed the cocoa strands from my hair and decided to drink it quickly, or else my hair would absorb it again. I took a deep breath and, as always, tried to find the good in every situation I found myself in. I took a napkin and started to remove as much excess cocoa as possible from my hair. From time to time, I would check if someone had noticed me doing this. Surely, they would have taken me for some idiot. I left the napkin on the table and gulped down the remaining cocoa in one breath. I decided to get up from the table and head to the counter to pay. As the waitress brought the bill, my attention was drawn to a job notification. It was a part-time job from Monday to Friday, but there were also weekend alternatives.

"Here's your bill, miss."

"Um, can I ask you something?"

"Yes."

"I'm somewhat interested in this notification."

"I can't tell you about that, but you can come tomorrow if you can, to talk to the cafeteria's owner."

"Alright, thank you."

"Have a good day!"

After I paid the bill, I started to make my way towards the exit but collided with another person. I felt a wet sensation from a hot liquid that soaked my soul.

"Ahhh!" I began to scream from the heat of the liquid.

I pulled back my blouse, avoiding contact with my skin, and took deep breaths. I saw the stained blouse with a dark spot that smelled like coffee.

"I'm so sorry."

"N-no problem... I ask for your forgiveness."

I was so embarrassed, almost on the verge of tears, but I wiped my face from the inside and forced a smile while seeking forgiveness.

"Let me see if you got burned..."

"There's no need."

I hadn't lifted my head at all. With my head still lowered, I rushed towards the door. The only thing I knew about the person who spilled the coffee on me was his masculine voice. I exited the cafeteria and tried hard not to let myself break down. I started running towards home, even though today I wanted to go out and see the city. I changed my mind in an instant. I felt the tightness in my chest from the rapid breathing after all that running. I needed to stop and calm down a bit. I glanced at my blouse, which was stained with coffee that, from the aroma, seemed to be a strong black Americano. It seemed someone enjoyed their coffee bold.

"I should have at least paid for the coffee," I said.

As I approached home, I saw Mr.Rodger carrying bags. I approached him to help. His gaze stopped at me, and for a moment, he almost dropped the bags to the ground.

"Celia, what happened?" he asked.

"This?!" I said, gesturing towards my blouse. "It's just coffee, Mr.Rodger, don't worry."

"Oh, my goodness, for a moment, I thought it might be blood..."

I shook my head in denial.

"Please, Celia, be careful!"

There it was again. The third time I heard this slogan. I didn't know how many more times I would hear this phrase. Doubt had already started to take root in my mind. Was I really in danger, or was it just heartfelt advice ?