...Celia...

Saturday felt like a savior from any kind of burden I could have. Even work seemed to flow better on Saturdays, perhaps because I finished at 12:00 am. Saturday would always be a lifesaver for me and my super busy life that was about to get even busier than it already was.

After work, we would pass by Tian's house to discuss more about the project we had. I felt awkward because it was my first time going to someone's house who was called a "friend". But ultimately, it was for a good cause: for a few extra valuable points in our assessment. I switched the day shift with another colleague and saw Tian's gray car parked silently on the side of the road. I checked the road carefully for crazy drivers speeding as much as they pleased and approached the car, lightly tapping on the driver's window.

"Good, good, here comes my favorite redhead."

"Like you've never met another redhead before."

"How do you know I haven't?"

"Because red hair is too rare, that's why."

"This explanation is pointless."

We started laughing as the back window of the car slowly lowered.

"If you intend to talk about hair pigments, then do it in the car where we might not freeze to death."

Vicky stood behind with her arms crossed. Her eyebrows were furrowed, but it seemed like she was raising them due to the cold from Tian's lowered window.

"You're right, Vicky."

I got into the back of the car and placed the bag between myself and Vicky. My body was enveloped in the warmth of Tian's car conditioner mixing with the coconut-scented air freshener. The scent reminded me of the vanilla pudding I used to make at home during winter, which in the same way, filled our modest home with that aroma that brought happiness.

We quickly arrived at Tian's two-story house with a modest courtyard. It had details that attracted you from every angle, things that wealthy people desired, people who thrived on life's pleasures. Tian parked the car on the right side of the courtyard and we all got out.

"Let's go inside," Tian called out.

We approached the front door, made of dark wood with black handles, which looked somewhat old-fashioned from the outside. When it was so detailed from the outside, inside it would have undergone an unrestrained, costless investment. The charm of the place with every modern convenience of a suite, organized under one roof. There was peace in the house, and it seemed like Tian's parents were not around.

"At last, I can act like the master of the house with both of you," he said proudly.

"When the cat's away, the mice will play," Vicky said, rolling her eyes. "If your mom were here, she would have put an end to your antics."

"She just did," Tian said.

"Guys, let's not forget why we came here, right?" I intervened. "Let's get down to business and define our topic, please."

"We'll do that now," Tian said, leading us to his room. "Let's go to my room so even if my parents come, they won't interrupt us."

Tiani opened his room door, making it easy for us to enter. His room was tidy enough to show that he cared about his space, yet messy enough to show that he let his creativity breathe freely. It was a perfect space, just like him.

"So, what the hell are we going to present for the project?" Vicky asked. "I haven't thought of anything."

"I have a lot of things in mind but none of them seem beautiful to me," I said, exhaling my frustration.