Chapter 7: Some New People

Ovia Afternoon Encarnacion:

I smile as I look up and see thousands of beautiful stars in the night sky. The stars and the moon are shining so brightly, it's like they're lighting up the whole night, but even if they aren't, Nemo and I are still surrounded by candles.

I smile even more as I cuddle closer to Nemo. A cold wind runs by and it sends a shiver down my body. Hugging myself, I feel myself getting hot when Nemo hugs me. I can't help but blush. A lump forming in my throat, I swallow it before talking.

"Thanks," I reply. Nemo hugs me for a while before pulling back. A little sad when he does, I laugh a little when I see why he pulled back.

"I'm sorry," Nemo says, reaching into his many jacket pockets. It's a long search but finally, Nemo pulls out a sketchbook and some pencils and begins drawing. I watch Nemo as he draws every line and every curve. It takes him only a few minutes, less time than it took to find everything.

"Give me your hand," Nemo says. I don't waste a second and give Nemo my hand.

Nemo places in my open palm a small drawing. I happily cry when I see the drawing.

"This--This is us," I cry, covering my mouth. The drawing Nemo gave me is a drawing of us, cuddling together with the stars and moon above us and candles surrounding us. "It's beautiful."

Still crying, I wipe the tears from my face before cuddling with Nemo again and looking up at the stars. We start pointing at the stars, laughing while trying to figure out which one is the 'Big Dipper'. However, as we look up at the stars, I begin to hear something.

"Beep," the sound goes. "Beep. Beep. Beep! Beep! Beep!"

"What is that sound," I ask, looking around. "Ahh! Do you hear that?"

For some reason, Nemo doesn't answer me. A little curious, I turn to Nemo and see him with his mouth opening and closing. Every time it opens, I hear the beeping sound.

"Nemo," I shout, grabbing his shoulders and shaking him. "Nemo! What's wrong? What are you making that sound! Nemo!"

Nemo doesn't, or can't answer me. Every time he opens his mouth, all we hear is beep! He wraps his hands around his throat and looks at me.

"Beep," Nemo says. "Beep! Beep!"

Emica Kana:

I awaken when I hear Noon screaming.

"Noon," I say, appearing beside her. With my hands up and ready for a fight, I prepare for a quick switch. Looking around but seeing no one in Noon's room, I look around. Seeing Noon tossing and turning in bed, I lower my invisible arms.

"No," she cries, swinging her hands wildly. "No. Nemo."

I look to the side and see Noon's alarm going off. It's beeping and shaking and Noon, who is still asleep, seems to be trying to hit it. Her arms are swinging all around her desk but she keeps missing.

"Noon told me about this before. She told me not to hit it but to 'swipe' it."

I tap my head and try to think back to where Noon did.

"What exactly is a swipe again?"

Since Noon is sleeping, I can take temporary control of her body. I take a deep breath and slowly take control of Noon's left arm. I do my best not to disturb Noon as she is sleeping. With one quick 'swipe', I throw Noon's alarm to the floor. It not only cracks and breaks but it also wakes up Noon. She screams and shoots up to look around. When she sees her broken alarm, she turns to me.

"Uhh. I swiped it like you showed me."

"Emica," Noon cries as she throws her blanket off and turns to face me. "That wasn't a swipe. That was a throw! I never show you throwing my phone. Aww man. Now I have to go back to the phone repair store."