Chapter 18: The Witness

Akio Hisashi:

"Hold on," Nemo yells repeatedly. "Hold on! Hold on!"

"I am holding on," I yell back, holding onto the roof of the car as it takes a very sharp left turn. Despite my body being thrown, I still manage to keep my grip. Pulling myself back onto the roof, I slowly climb until I'm lying against the window. Seeing the girl as she keeps driving the metal box, I tap the window.

"Pull over," I yell.

The girl doesn't listen to me. Instead, she does something and increases the speed of the metal box. Almost sliding off, I dig my fingers in and hold on. As I hold on, Nemo appears beside me.

"Did you really think that was going to work," he asks.

"I'm a gentleman," I reply. "I ask first, then I hit!"

Looking to my side, I let go with one hand and pull myself with the other hand. Falling off the roof, I find myself dangling from the door of the metal box.

"What did you do that," Nemo asks, flying beside me.

"So I can do this," I answer. Still holding on with one hand, I pull back my fist before throwing it forward. Hitting the metal box's window, I break it, cracks appearing all over it. The girl jumps when I punch the window. Pulling back my fist again, about to break the window and grab the girl, the girl starts moving to the side.

"Akio," Nemo screams. I turn to Nemo and he points ahead. I turn to where Nemo is pointing and see a long metal pole coming toward me.

Pulling and jumping back onto the roof, I watch as the metal pole scraps against the side of the metal box. It hits the tiny mirror and knocks it to the street.

"Akio," Nemo says, flying up to the roof with me. "There's a sunroof right here! You're lying on top of it!

"A what?"

"A sunroof! It's like a giant window!"

"Did you say window?"

Looking down, I see that Nemo is right. I am lying on top of a large window. Pushing myself up, I punch the window until it breaks. The girl screams as I break the window, the shards landing inside the car. About to jump inside, the girl stomps on something and the car stops.

Sliding and falling off the car, I'm about to hit the ground but jump and curl into a ball. Rolling onto the street, I catch myself and land on my feet. Looking up, I see a whole line of black and white metal boxes. Each of the boxes has flashing blue and red lights on them, and behind each one are two guardsmen.

Nemo Farid:

"Oh no," I say, watching as one of the police officers raises a microphone.

"Green Emerald Nina," the police officer in charge yells. "Surrender yourself now! Or we will use force!"

"Nemo," Akio says, stepping back. "What do I do? What do I do?"

"Uhhh," I say, racking my brain to think of a plan, any plan whatsoever. Hearing the sound of screeching tires, I turn my head and see the girl smile as she backs up.

"The glass flowers," I think.

"Akio," I say, flying and waving my hand in his face. Grabbing Akio's attention, I point behind him at the disappearing thief. "We can't let her get away."

Nemo," Akio whispers. "I think we have a bigger issue."

Turning back in front, I see a whole line-up of police cars and police officers. All the officers are wearing body armor and helmets and are equipped with shields and batons.