Chapter 13: Boston's Newest Stars

Jaakuna Sakka:

"Nnnooooo," I shout, watching as the sprinkles in the ceiling turn on and unleash an ocean of water. It falls onto me and my paper army.

I watch as my paper guardian, my paper dragon, and all my paper ninjas begin to fall apart. They try to escape. The paper guardian raises his arm to try and protect himself but it's no use. My paper dragon tries to fly but its wings are already too wet.

The dragon roars as it falls to the floor. My paper guardian's soggy arm breaks off. All my paper ninjas fall darken as they fall and break apart. Seeing this, I dip my feather pen in the ink jar and try to write something.

"Despite the water," I shout, writing as fast as I can. "Jaakuna Sakka will still win! He summons more paper nin--No! No! No!"

I try to write. I try to summon more paper ninjas but the ink won't stay. The water makes the ink run off the page.

"No," I shout, watching the ink runs off the page and onto the floor. "Come on! Come on! Come on!"

This time, I try writing harder, pressing the pen more firmly. However, this doesn't work either. The ink is still running, and worst, I rip a hole in my notebook.

"Nnnooo," I shout, dropping my pen and grabbing the paper. Holding it up, I look through the hole and see the Green Emerald Ninja and the Red Rose Ninja.

"The end," the Green Emerald Ninja says, running toward me. Dropping the paper, I step back as the Green Emerald Ninja jumps into the air. He jumps high into the air before flipping around and shooting out his leg. Kicking and knocking me to the floor again, I hold my chest and watch as the Green Ninja grabs my wet notebook.

Holding it with both his hands, the Green Ninja rips it in half.

Red Rose Ninja:

"Nnnoooo," Jaakuna Sakka yells as shadows fall off him and disappear. Noon and I watch as, after ripping the notebook in half, the dakura tchingu jumps from it. It jumps onto the ground and tries to flee but it's useless.

Quickly pulling out my chigiriki, I throw one end of my weapon at the fleeing dakura tchingu. It hits the dakura tchingu and the dakura tchingu jumps out of the ground. It freezes before turning to dust.

With the dakura tchingu destroyed, Jaakuna Sakka is destroyed as well. His robe and hat vanish and are replaced with a regular shirt and pants.

"Hey," Noon says, leaning forward. "It's the writer from before! The one that tried to show Gunner his script."

"But Gunner threw," I say, pulling back my chigiriki.

As he slowly returns back to his normal self, the writer, still on his knees, looks around.

"Ahh," he moans. "Wher--Where am I? Why am I on my knees? What happened?"

Moaning as he scratches his head, the writer pushes himself up. As he pushes himself onto his feet, the writer sees us and screams.

"Oh my god," he shouts.

"What," I scream, turning around. Pulling out my staff, I look around. "What? What is it?"

I look around but don't see anything.

"Uhh, Emica," Noon says, tapping my shoulder.

"What?"

When I turn to her, Noon points at the writer.

"Oh my god," the writer shouts again. "It's you! And you're here too! Oh my god! The Green Emerald Ninja and the Red Rose Ninja! I can't believe it!"