Chapter 3: Doro Monsuta (Mud Monster)

The Little Boy:

"This is so awesome," I say, looking at the monster mask in my hands. "It's mine. Mine!"

"Hey kid," the teenager from before says as he walks past me. "Come on. I just want my mask back. I need it for something. Please, can I have it back?"

"No," I yell, holding the mask close to my chest. "It's mine! Mine! Mine!"

I keep my mouth shut as the stupid teenager looks in the wrong bush for me. As I keep my mouth shut, I feel something over me. I turn around to see a large shadow. Even before I can scream, the shadow drops onto me, and the next moment, I see myself floating in some sort of empty black space.

"Hello, young man," a voice calls out to me. "My name is Don'Yokuna Yokubo."

"Don-," I try to say, "Don yok-Don yoku-"

The voice laughs and stops me.

"No need to say my name," the voice says. "Oh, that is quite a scary mask you have."

"It's mine," I yell, hiding the mask behind me. "Mine!"

"Of course," the voice says. "Why, I don't want the mask. I want to give it to you."

"You do?"

"Yes. In fact, I can give you more than just a mask. I can turn you into an actual monster. A scary, scary monster! And all I ask for in return are two little things. What do you say? Do you agree, young man?"

As I listen to the voice, I pull out the monster mask and look at it.

"Yes," I shout. "Yes! I want to be a scary monster! One that roars and scares people away! Even that means teenager!"

"Very well. Then with my magic, I grant you life! Be born! Doro Monsuta (mud monster)!"

As the voice screams, I see large shadows shoot out from the empty black space, first grabbing onto the monster mask before grabbing onto me. As the shadows grab onto me, I feel myself start to change.

I feel a cold slime run all over me over and over again. As it runs over and over again, I feel myself growing bigger and bigger.

Oscar Almo:

"Hello," I say, looking over a bush, hoping to find the boy with my monster mask but instead, seeing nothing. "Hello! Come on, where are you? Kid? Kid! Ahh, where could he have gone?"

I shake my head as I walk over to another bush. About to search this bush, some sort of black slime erupts from it. The eruption knocks me to my feet. As I try to get up, an earth-shaking roar pushes me back down.

"What in the world," I shout. Turning around, I see some sort of volcano with black slime running down from it. It grows bigger and bigger out from the bush before looming over me. Finally pushing myself onto my feet, I look up at the now mountain of black slime. I watch as the slime starts to move. The slime moves, splitting apart in only certain sections. From down below where I'm standing, it looks like the mountain made itself eyes and a mouth. I'm proven right when the mountain opens its mouth and roars, once again shaking the Earth.

"I couldn't be wrong," I say, stepping back. "This is probably the one time I wanted to be wrong!"

"Doro Monsuta," the black slime mountain roars as it looks down at me. The second it sees me, two massive arms explode from its side. It then slowly reaches down and tries to grab me.

I scream as I start to run.

Nemo Farid:

"Oscar," I say, looking around. Claire, who is standing right next to me since Oscar only gave us one script, gets up and looks around too.