Wattpad Original
There are 29 more free parts

Ch. 12

Luna

"Are you for real?" Barry got up suddenly. "What are you thinking, Luna? Our engagement party is going to be epic. The absolute biggest. It's not just an ordinary occasion that will happen every year, but it's us declaring our love and announcing to the entire world that we're getting married."

It was the start of the week. We were in my office, waiting for Colton to show up. While we were chatting, I told him all about the plans my family and I made for the engagement party on Saturday.

"No need to go all out. Everyone will find out, no matter what. You know how gossip spreads like wildfire, right?"

He shook his head in disagreement. "Think of it as a promotion as well. How it could do good for our business. Especially now that it's shaking."

"I don't want it to be a total circus. We'll make it extra special by having just our families and close friends there."

"Nope. The media will make it extra memorable. Just picture it - so many articles, photos, and videos of our engagement! This will make headlines around the world! Let's make the most of it, sweetheart. Consider the impact it could have on our brand."

"I don't know..." I was confused and couldn't make up my mind.

"Trust me. I'm a pro at Marketing. This is beneficial for our company. It's like killing two birds with one stone. We gotta promote our brand, and our engagement announcement is the perfect chance."

He was right, again. I should trust him, since he knew what he was doing.

"Okay, you win. I see what you mean." I nodded. "You're right. We're going to go all out for our engagement."

"I'm glad you got my point." He hugged me and gave me a lingering kiss. "You're such a darling. The reason I love you so much."

"Aww, I love you more." I hugged him back.

"You handle the food and the venue. I want it to be the most epic in decor, food, and dessert. Oh, we need a famous band to keep the guests entertained. Perhaps Maroon 5 or Coldplay. What do you think?" He said, thinking. "Anyway, I'll take care of it. I'll have Lydia send invitations to the guests and media this afternoon."

"Perfect!" I said.

We heard a knock at the door, and Sally entered. She informed Colton arrived.

"Let him in," Barry said.

I got all flustered about seeing Colton again.

What the hell is wrong with me? I'm an engaged woman. Why am I feeling this way?

I sneaked a quick fix to my hair and returned to sit behind my desk, trying to compose myself. Got to look professional and confident in front of him. I didn't want him to know that his presence affected me, even a bit.

The door swung open again, and Colton showed up.

The sight of him alone was enough to make me freeze. He possessed the power to stop the beating of my heart and the rhythm of my lungs, causing me to cease breathing within a matter of seconds.

A flood of memories rushes back to me, specifically from eight years ago, when he entered the elevator and our eyes instantly connected - his captivating green eyes meeting my deep brown ones. Time stood still, the ticking of the clock coming to a halt, leaving only the two of us in a place where everything else disappeared.

"Colton! How are you, man?" Barry's earnest greeting brought my wandering mind back to the present. "I'm glad you agreed to help us."

I watched as the two men shook their hands. But my eyes were observant at Colton.