Chapter 10: Summer Is Almost Over

Summer is coming to an end. I can't believe how time sure has flown by. I want to keep Damiano forever. But I know he has issues when it comes to relationships.

"What are you making."

He hugged me from behind while I was making some tomato soup. "You're finally back!" I turned off the stove and kissed him

He had to fly for three days to New York for an emergency. It's crazy how much I missed him in those days.

"Yes, I missed you, beautiful." He pecked my lips.

"How about we have dinner and then you can show me how much you missed me." I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Way ahead of you." We started to undress each other, and then he took me on the counter.

"Three days without you was boring." He kissed me.

I giggled. "See, I make your life more fun." I squished his cheeks and then pecked his lips. " I really missed you."

"So did I." He caressed my face.

"We could totally be a couple. This between us is exactly what a relationship looks like."

"Aurora, we've talked about this. This works because I'm on vacation. Eventually, I'll return to New York, and this between us will be over." He said as he started to get dressed.

A few tears fell down my cheeks as I started to get dressed. "It shouldn't work just because you're on vacation. This works because we -"

"Enough Aurora!"

I took a step back, and I could feel a heartbreak coming. "You're such an asshole Damiano."

"You knew what you were getting into with me. I even asked you if you still wanted to continue doing this, and you said yes."

"I don't regret it because at least this way, I get to have you. Even if you're the one breaking me, I'd have you anyway." I wiped my tears.

"Aurora." He sighed as he walked closer to me and then pulled me to him. "I hate that I'm the one hurting you."

"Then stop hurting me." I sobbed.

"I care about you." He pulled slightly away and then leaned down to kiss me.

"I do too, so much." I buried my face on his chest. "You're still an asshole."

He lightly chuckled. "I know, and I'm sorry about that."

I pulled away from his embrace. "Will you be spending the night here?"

"Yes, I just need to go to my house and say hi to Mia, and then I'll come back." He kissed me over and over. "How about we go together?"

"Sounds good. Let me just get change, and we will go."

He just nodded, and I made my way upstairs to get change.

..............

As soon as we entered his house, we heard Mia screaming.

"Asshole, I hate him with everything in me!" Mia screamed and then fell on the floor and cried hysterically."

"Hey, baby sis." Damiano pulled her to him and hugged her. "What's wrong?"

"He left me. He didn't even say why. He just left me!"

"I'm going to take a wild guess. Is this about Roman?"

She just nodded. "I fell for him, and unlike you, he did say he loves me. We love each other, so why did he leave so abruptly?"

"I don't have a clue. We haven't talked in a week. Let me try to call him."

"No, don't call him." She wiped her tears. "I'll be okay. It won't be easy to move on, but I'll get there."

"Oh, Mia." I sat next to her and hugged her. "He's an idiot for leaving someone so amazing like you."

"Aurora is right. You deserve the world. The right man will show you why it never worked out with Roman."

"He was the right man for me." She started to cry again.

"Shall I order junk food and a Harry Potter marathon?" I asked her.

"Yes, please." She sobbed.

"Alright, I'll go place the order and then go to the grocery store." Damiano said. "I'll be back." He kissed and then left the house.

"Men suck."

"Sometimes." I sighed. "I sort of had an argument with your brother before coming here."

"What happened?"

"I just told him that what we have is what a relationship looks like. He got angry, and I told him he's an asshole. I'm scared of losing him, Mia."

"My brother is an idiot. You're incredible. It will be his loss if he lets you go. Just don't ice me out if it gets to that point."

I hugged her. "Never, you'll always be my best friend."

She smiled. Half an hour later, pizza arrived, and Damiano placed all the junk food in the world on the coffee table.

"I didn't receive a list, so those will do." He gave me a cheeky smile.

I chuckled. "This is fine." I kissed him.

"Thank you, big brother." She gave him a half smile.

"Cheer up, Mia. Things will get better." He placed a kiss on Mia's head. "Alright ladies, I'm going upstairs since this is a girls' night."

"I'll see you later." I pecked his lips.

He just smiled and then went upstairs. I love this man.

"You two are so cute together." Mia said as she pressed play on the movie.

We do make a cute couple. Just one is in denial.