Chapter 13: Four Years Later

It's been four years since I last saw Damiano. Since I last saw Mia. We do video chat and all. But I left the country too. I came to Milan to become a fashion designer. She supported me and didn't get mad, she wanted me to pursue my career. Damiano was right. I had some growing up to do, I need to mature. Because it isn't about me anymore.

"Mommy!" My three year old baby boy came running towards me." She's gonna eat me!"

I chuckled. "Who?"

"The cookie monster."

Melody came running and caught him. He screamed followed by laughing. My dad Pierre, mom, Alexander and Melody moved to Italy. They wanted to help in anyway. Melody was first on board. I mean it's Italy that's always been her dream country to live in.

*Flashback*

"Why won't you fit anymore?" I was getting frustrated. I couldn't be gaining weight, I'm the type that no matter what I eat, I never gain an ounce.

"That isn't because you've been eating a lot. That's call, a baby bump." Mom told me.

"Impossible, I took the pregnancy test." Tears started to fall. "They all came negative. Mom please tell me is not a baby bump."

"Actions have consequences." She hugged me. "There are options though. You can give the baby for adoption."

The thought of someone else raising my baby doesn't sit well with me. I'm young yes, but I got myself into this and I'll take responsibility.

"No, the baby is mine and I'll raise him or her. No one else gets to have my baby." I wiped my tears. "I'll look for a job and put on hold studying in Milan."

"That's not gonna happen." Dad said as he entered my room. "I want to kill the guy that impregnated you and then ditch you." He was furious. "You were irresponsible for what you did yes. But we will help you with your career and our grandkid."

"How can you two be so understanding, shouldn't you be kicking me out, leaving me in the cold?" Stupid hormones making me cry again.

"Why would we do that? While your actions weren't the best, we still want to help anyway we can. So we're all moving to Milan. We all deserve a little break from the estates. Plus I have one of my bakeries there, Pierre can do business in any part of the world. And your siblings adapt fast to any place." She hugged me.

I just nodded and hugged my family. I'd be lost without them.

*End of flashback.*

I told Damiano about my pregnancy, because no matter what went down with us, he needed to know. He deserved it. He told me to get rid of it. Til this day it still hurts that he didn't' want to be part of our son's life. I didn't bother telling Mia. I made sure when we FaceTime to get away from the house or make sure he's asleep. I didn't want her to show Damiano what our son looks like. Which by the way, is the spitting image of Damiano.

"Cookie monster is just angry." I told, Cassio.

"Do you have any idea what is like to hear that your boyfriend has cheated on you?"

"I do, considering my ex cheated on me. When I confronted him, he told me, she doesn't have too much baggage like you do." I rolled my eyes." So I stopped dating, no one interest me enough."

"Just Damiano." She added.

"Who?" Cassio asked.

"No one, my little prince." I picked him up and kissed his cheek. "Some crazy guy I met years ago."

"Crazy like auntie?"

"Yes." I laughed as he did too. Melody just groaned.

"Cassio, let's go play soccer." Alexander said as he entered the kitchen.

"Okay."

I put him on the floor and he grabbed Alexander's hand and then left. I will never regret keeping Cassio, I was a teenager but I don't care, best decision ever. My family helped me in so many ways. Even my dad Miles, flew over a lot to help and also spoil Cassio. Just like dad, he got angry told me I was irresponsible for not being careful. But a child is innocent. And he also wants to kill Damiano. The story they have is that the Condom broke and Damiano left. Only mom knows the real story.

"Are you going back to New York?" Melody asked

I had an offer in New York to work for a fashion boutique. But I don't want to work for anyone. I want to make my dream come true. And I can't do that if I design for someone else. I decided to return to New York and make a name for myself. And I know that at some point I might see him again. From what Mia told me, he's with someone but she doesn't think is serious. I mean it's been four years, I would've expected him to be married. It would've made things easier for me to move on.

"Yeah, it's time to go back."