Chapter 16: Aurora's Emporium

Another week went by, I told Mia how things went and she told me that she was just glad I told Damiano. She visits Cassio a lot and has spoiled him like crazy. For the moment, he just knows that she is her aunt. As for Damiano, I haven't heard from him since that day at the hospital. I knew he didn't want kids, he let that very clear when we met.

Today is the big opening of my fashion emporium. I hired a lot of talented people from around the world. I knew it was crazy but I wanted to give an opportunity to those who deserve it. We stayed day and night, turning my designs into a reality. They turned out great. It's a dream come true and I'm so happy with the results.

My whole family was here, Melody flew here just to be on my big day.

"Thank you everyone, it wouldn't have been possible with the help of my family and my amazing team."

Everyone applaud and my baby boy came with a beautiful blue tulip and gave it to me. I picked him up and kissed his cheek. After a few hours, everyone left with lots of shop bags. We had clothes from petit size to plus size. Mia was fighting some other girl for a dress.

"A successful opening. I told my family."

"Indeed." Mom said. "We're heading home, are you riding with us?"

"Go ahead, I need to grab something and then I'll meet you at home. I'll see you at home Cassio." I gave him a kiss.

"See you mommy." He waved me goodbye and left with my parents.

"Great work everyone. Take the rest of the week off."

They nodded and then left. I'm exhausted. I went to my office to grab my wallet and put it in my purse. As I made my way out, I was punched.

"Take everything from the cash register!"

"Boss, is empty."

The big guy grabbed me by the hair really hard. "Where the fuck is the money."

"You think I will have a cash register full with money, just so some lazy asshole can steal it all." I laughed humorless. "Everyone has to pay with credit cards. And before you ask, my credit cards are not with me. I gave them to people who will not hesitate to put a bullet on your forehead."

That pissed him off and shoved a knife in my leg making me scream. Fuck if only a little cut hurts, this one is 10 times worse.

"You have a sweet body." He removed the knife from my leg.

"Stop!" The pain was unbearable. "Please stop."

"Shut up!" He punched me again. "I'm going to fuck you hard." He shoved the knife on my leg again.

"Stop!" I can't with the pain, this day was supposed to be a happy one. It turned into a nightmare.

"Now, it's time to taste you, since there's no money I'm going to fuck you."

All I heard was the sound of gunshots. My Cassio, my sweet little prince. He didn't know that his 'goodbye mommy' was coming true. I'll never see him again.

Damiano

Fuck, her confession still has me confused. I have a son. I don't know how to approach him. Did she tell him who I was? If so, that kid might hate me. Aurora got even more beautiful.I almost lost my control and kissed her. But I can't, us can never happen. It's hard for me to trust in someone again after the thing she did.

The emergency door opened. "Female, 22. Stabbed on the leg."

My eyes widened. It was Aurora. They wheel her to the operation room. She has lost too much blood. Fuck Aurora, please stay strong. Her beautiful face was badly bruised. I'll kill whoever did this. Aurora's life was in my hands and I will make sure she gets through this.

Pierre

2 hours before:

It was starting to get late, Aurora should've been back by now. I was getting a bad feeling. Everyone was waiting here for her.

"I'm heading back to the boutique." I told them.

"I'll go with." Miles added.

"Be careful okay." Imogen kissed me.

I nodded. Miles and I left the house and drove to Aurora's boutique. When we arrived, we were met with the worst sight ever. I grabbed a gun from my secret compartment. As a businessman, we tend to be perfect target, I like to be prepared and apparently I'm not the only one.

"I almost was a goner if I hadn't had a gun with me years ago." He said as he pulled a gun from his pocket.

We got out-of the car and entered the boutique. Miles shot the asshole that was near the counter and I put a bullet on the asshole that was on top of my daughter.

"Well, they're in hell for sure." Miles said as he looked at the body on the floor with a bullet on his forehead. "The ambulance is on its way."

"Aurora is definitely getting a bodyguard and I'm putting security outside of the boutique 24/7." I shot one last time at the man who stabbed her.

I wanted to hug her. But she was most likely to have a concussion so I didn't dare move her.

"No one in the family needs to know, that we just killed two people." I told Miles.

"Wasn't going to. But what about the police?"

"I'll handle them." I told him.

"You sound like someone from a mafia."

I just smiled. "The company is just a cover. Don't breathe a word about this to anyone."

"I heard nothing. Besides, snitches gets stitches. And I'm happy with my life."

The ambulance arrived and Miles got in the ambulance with Aurora, I will go after handling the police.

"They attacked my daughter. Anyone who goes near my family will meet their horrible fate. That goes for anyone."

"Don't worry, Mr Knight, these two have been causing chaos." The Chief told me.

"Very well, please send someone to clean this mess."

He just nodded. When you pay an insane amount of money, even the law gets corrupted. Which in this case works in my favor.