Ruins [Moon]

UNIVERSE: Moon AU (Four is the human, Three is the monster)

(UPDATE! Art of SMG4's design has been added!)

~~~

SMG4 got up out of bed, thanking the meme gods he wasn't dead. Lapisbloods weren't too common in this area, but Four could never be sure he was safe. Despite the fact that the camper he lived in was broken and the sides were covered in dirt, there was still the chance that a curious monster would come in uninvited.

That wasn't really something he liked to think about.

He picked up his bag and peered out of the window, checking for Lapisbloods nearby, before quietly opening the door. Was this a good way to live? Could it be better? He would feel safer with other people, but it felt disrespectful to his old friends...

Were they still alive? Were they okay?

Another thing Four hated to think about. Well... the universe hasn't been destroyed yet, so Mario was alive, at least.

Sometimes he wished he could still feel the Meme Guardian connection he had to his rival. That was nice. But it wasn't here anymore, so...

What did he need to do again?

Right...

Food.

~~~

SMG4 could have probably used Plot Convenience magic to create food out of thin air, but without Three, his supply of magic was running low, and he would have to conserve it for emergencies. He could've also gone into the woods to hunt the small animals that still lived there, but there had been talk of Lapisbloods invading that place.

Well, to the city he went!

The desolate, ruined city.

That was definitely full of Lapisbloods.

So why scavenge there instead of the woods? For one, there could be less of a risk. Lapisbloods didn't tend to look there as much, just assuming that no human would be foolish enough to enter. Second? Not as many scavengers in the city as hunters in the woods.

Which meant there could be more stuff for SMG4 to find here!

...Or that it was more of a risk. But he had been here before, after all. Never mind that he encountered a cat Lapisblood, got attacked, and had to waste almost a third of his magic on healing himself and creating bandages.

...

Maybe this wasn't the best idea after all.

Still, SMG4 kept walking, despite the fact that this place was definitely empty for a reason. But despite how bloodthirsty and savage the Lapisbloods were, they had left a good amount of the buildings in the city intact. Mostly.

SMG4's heart was suddenly very audible to him, as he crept past buildings, almost anticipating that something was about to jump out at him. Every time the dead leaves crunched under his boots, every time a small piece of rubble fell to the ground, his heart rate increased...

This was a mistake this was a mistake this was a mistake-

That's when SMG4 finally spotted something useful: A meme! Many of the memes had been corrupted and brought to the Internet Graveyard by Susan at this point, who was a 'replacement' for Thr... the old ruler. SMG4 hadn't seen her in a very long time. But she wasn't willing to let anyone into that realm, which was fair enough, considering how dangerous the dead memes could be when you were weaponless. At least Susan had her remote.

Was the Starbucks still standing? The temple? The town that he started building...

...back to the meme...

This was a rare sight indeed, and the meme wasn't big, but it was enough. Enough to count as a meal, even if he didn't eat anything. SMG4 sighed and said good-bye to the timeless meme, one of the last of its kind, before he used a small amount of his Meme Energy to turn the already-weakened meme into a ball of energy, which he then absorbed.

To be completely honest, using meme powers... hurt. It hurt a lot. And it made you exhausted way faster than activity.

SMG4 let out a quiet sigh and carefully began to walk in the other direction, back to his home. But he felt strange and uneasy. Almost as if... something, or someone was watching him.

When he looked around, he saw a Lapisblood watching him from the top of a ruined building.

~~~

A/N: YIPPEE!! Happy saygex igloo day anniversary everyone! Struggling with time management a lot, probably have ADHD and need meds- but I got this one done!

(if only i had the motivation to make another SplatMG4 chapter lol-)

- Coco