Chapter Seven

Alaina's P.O.V.

"What?" I ask, as he pushes Taylor and I into a room.

"You guys haven't finished training, but I'm going to have you do this mission. Here are the files." Greg hands us both files. It's saying where we have to go. We'll be getting five children and some other important info, but it never says why we are getting the children.

"Why do we need to get the children?" I ask Greg.

"Not for you to know." He says.

"Yes, I'm not going to just grab children without knowing why." I say and put the folder down.

"Ya, same here. I want to know why." Taylor says. We both look at Greg.

"Fine, these people are testing on children and they plan on testing them today so we need someone to get them. Once you to get all the children out, we will notify the cops and then the people will go to jail." Greg says with a huff.

"Why don't we just tell the cops and they become the heroes?" I ask confused.

"Because then people will find out about this place and we can't have that. The only people that know about this organization is the people that work here, have worked here, and four other people in the government and we want to keep it like that. Now, do you have any other questions?" He asks in a rush. Taylor and I shake our heads no. "Good. K do you understand what needs to be done?" He asks and looks at both of us.

"Yes." I say Greg looks at Taylor.

"I understand." He says.

"K here are your earpieces. Sky will be backing you up if anything goes wrong." Greg says as we put are earpieces in. "The van is in the lot and it's already programmed where you need to go. If there's anything you don't understand, tell me now." Taylor and I shake our heads. "K, Sky will tell you the rest when you need it." 

"Got it." I say and follow Taylor to the van. We hop in and follow the GPS. 

"K, you will need to be in and out within fives minutes tops." We hear Sky say as we pull up to the building.

"Ready?" Taylor asks. I nod my head. We get out of the car and run to the building. There is one guy blocking the door to get in. Taylor knocks him out and we run to grab the kids. Taylor grabs the two babies and runs back to the car. I grab the five-year-old and the two-year-old. Once there in the car, I see Taylor fighting with another guard. He has it under control so I go to get the last child. He wouldn't come out before. 

"Don't touch me." He says and pulls away from me.

"We need to go so that you don't get hurt." I say to try and get him out.

"No my sister is in the lab, they're hurting her. You need to get her." He says and starts crying. Taylor turns to me after knocking the guard out.

"K, I'll go in for your sister if you go with my friend." I say and Taylor shakes his head and mouths no.

"You promise." The little boy says.

"I promise." I say. The boy grabs Taylor's hand.

"Get out of there as soon as possible. I know I can't stop you so go." He says and runs the little boy to the van. 

"Alaina don't. That's against your mission." I hear Sky say. I block her out and run through the halls. Lab, Lab, where's the lab. Then I run into a door. LAB, it says on it. Perfect. I run in and find a little girl which I'm assuming is the eight-year-olds sister. She is trying to get away from a man. 

"Let her go." I say and run to her. The man looks confused but pulls out a gun. I grab the little girl.

"Give her to me or you'll die." He says and makes the click noise with the gun meaning that the safety is off and he's willing to kill me. I turn around and pull the girl behind me. He pulls the trigger and I saw it coming and move to the side just in time so we don't get hit. I kick him in the gut and grab the gun. I shoot and thankfully it hits him in the leg so he can't chase after us. I pick up the little her and sprint out of the lab. When I get into the van Taylor starts to drive away. I buckle all the children in their car seats and sit in the front.