Chapter Nine

Alaina's P.O.V.

I don't know how long I've been running, but I can't do it anymore. I feel dead and I fall to my knees. I look up and around and find that I'm in a forest. I get up and look around. There are a ton of trees and everything is beautiful. I see flowers that are yellow, red, and even blue. I start to walk down the path and just let the forest take me to wherever it wants.

Taylor's P.O.V.

"Shouldn't she be back by now?" I ask Trinity and Zack. Trinity looks up at me with a scared expression. 

"Ya, the only thing that comes close to how she is reacting is when her dad died, but she was sad not angry. Now she seems to have both. After the police talked to her she went missing for about two days and when she came back she didn't grieve and she acted like nothing had happened. I asked her how she was and she always said she was fine. After four, five weeks she was back to normal, but she doesn't sleep much. I can't think of anything that would make her so mad and sad at the same time." She says and wipes the tears from her eyes. 

"I think we should tell Greg now," I say and look at Zack.

"No, if you try to get her before she's ready to come back it will be ten times worse," Trinity says quickly.

"What if we just tell him what happened and not to do anything." I say frustrated that I'm not doing anything to help.  

"Hear yourself. He's going to want to do something." Zack says. Then a knock comes at the door. All of us pop up and go to the door. I open it and we see Bryce. We all make an unpleasant noise. 

"Where kind of busy right now. What do you want?" I ask already annoyed.

"Me and Alaina agreed to fight together to see our weakness and our strengths and I was wondering where she was. Do you know?" He asks and looks around the room at all of us.

"She wouldn't want to spend an ounce of time with you." I say and shake my head at him.

"She gets to beat me up. Think about that for a moment." He says and leans against the door frame. 

"We don't know where she is," I say and then out of all the people to walk by it had to be Greg.

"Don't know where who is?" He says and looks at me. Just great, I think sarcastically. 

"Alaina." I say and once the words escape my mouth Greg looks terrified.

"What do you mean?" He asks concerned. 

"I'll tell you once he leaves. It's doesn't concern him and she probably wouldn't want him knowing anyways." I say and both Greg and I look at him.

"Fine, I'll leave." He says and walks away.

"I think that's the most mature he's been in his life," I say surprised he didn't put up a fight.

"Ya, now what about Alaina?" He asks coming in and closing the door behind him. I start telling him everything. "But you don't want to do anything?" He questions once I've finished.

"No Alaina is one person you don't mess with when she's mad or dealing with something personal. She's a closed book, she has to do it on her terms." Trinity says and has her arms on her legs leaning forward. Zack's next to her and has his arm around her comforting her.

"Yes, I know," Greg says a little frustrated.

"No, you don't know her. You just meet her like three months ago." Trinity says raising her voice. This is putting a strain on her. 

"I've known her since she was a baby," Greg says and Trinity looks as confused as Zack looks. "Her dad and I are- were best friends. He worked here and said if he ever died that he wanted me and her grandma to look after her. I've always had eyes on her and when she started hacking into places I knew I needed to bring her in so I could keep an eye on her. That's why I partnered you up with her because I knew you'd protect her not just yourself and you also didn't have a partner so I worked out." He says looking at me.