Chapter Fifteen

Alaina P.O.V.

I wake up early in the morning having another bad dream. I wish they would just go away. It's been six days since I came back and now I can actually workout. I still have to take it easy, but now I can do things without everyone telling me not to. I met with Sky and we had fun talking about computers and ways to hack without getting caught. My grandma's funeral is later so I need to make sure that Trinity is ready to go. Her, Zack, Taylor, and I are going. I'm not happy that Taylor's going, but everyone convinced me that he should be able to say goodbye, and it feels wrong, like my grandparents would know somethings wrong if he didn't show. I also said fine because I was tired of arguing. Every keeps telling me to let him explain himself, but I always deny.

I see the letter that my grandparents wrote for me. I stare at it before grabbing it. I guess I should read it. I slowly open it and take it out.

Dear Alaina (My baby girl),

I wished you wouldn't have to read this because that means I'm gone. I just want you to have something to hold on to before I die. I want you to live your life and don't shut people out baby. Not everyone is going to hurt you and Taylor seems like a nice guy.

"Ya right." I say out loud and continue to read.

If he makes a mistake try to see it from his point of view, but if it was him just being a jerk then kick his ass. I laugh at that. Grandma swearing is always funny. Grandpa says he'll do everything he can to get him if he hurts you. I don't mean to put a lot on you, but if your mom needs help try and help her out. You know how she is and she can't always see what's not good for her or the kids. The day she dumps that jerk is the day I will live in the bahamas. Anyways I just wanted to say that I love you no matter what you do. We love you so much you don't even know it. I have some news to tell you and don't be mad at anyone. The group you are in now I know about them. Your father was in the group and he said that if he ever died that he wanted me and Greg to take care of you. Greg was like a brother to your dad. Taylor knows about it too, but he promised not to say anything so don't kill him. Please don't get yourself killed doing something reckless. Also I want to tell you that I'm very proud of you. You have made me so happy and made my life awesome. I wished I could be there to see you graduate, or walk down the aisle, or have your first child, but it looks like I can't. Don't worry though me, grandpa, and your dad will be watching down on you, that's a promise. I love you so much and let those walls down for a little. It won't kill ya. Miss you forever.

I put the paper down confused, happy, sad, and a little mad. My dad was in this group and he never told me. I guess that explains why he trained me and sometimes come home with bruises or broken bones. I wished he would have told me though. Greg was like a brother to my dad, I can't imagine that. They seem so different and he never told me either. That's how he knows so much about me. Taylor it's just another thing I don't like about him.

I get out of bed and take a shower. After I'm dressed I go down to Greg's office. I open the door and close it behind me. He looks up at me startled, but smiles.

"You have some explaining to do. My dad worked here. You were like a brother to him. You know a lot about me. You didn't tell me any of this and I want to know why." I say and sit in the chair that's in front of his desk. He takes a deep breath in.

"Did Trinity tell you or Zack?" He asks and shakes his head. They know too? Great.

"No my grandma left me a letter and told me." I say and his eyes widen.

"Ok. Your dad did work here and he was really good at it to. He made sure to be really careful so he could always be there for you. Him and I were partners, until a few years ago when I got this position. He was a really good guy and I miss him. He was like a brother and we would hang out together and do missions together. We had each others back and I trusted him and he trusted me. The people that killed him broke out of jail and wanted to kill you, but your dad made sure they didn't touch you. He told me when we first started that if he died he wanted me and your grandma to keep and eye on you and I did. When I saw that you were hacking into places I knew I needed you to come in so I could make sure you were safe. Obviously I didn't do that good of a job because you got kidnapped." He says and sounds ashamed.