[36] "I don't want to lie to you."

In part [35], the kids continued to play truth or dare. Things got heated when Jayda asked Sammie if he knew who set Quincy up. When Sammie refused to answer, Nevaeh became suspicious and also questioned him. The incident ending with Sammie leaving and heading home. During this part, we also heard from the adults. They voiced concern to Sean and Yolanda for not telling Desiree that they are actually her grandparents and that Destiny is her mother. Sean believes that they'll be able to keep the secret. The chapter ended with Trenton, Desiree's biological father seeing her on TV from prison.

SN: There's a tiny portion about a particular religion in this part. This not directed towards anyone. I respect all cultures and religion.

:

[36] "I don't want to lie to you."

Desiree was in the middle of finishing a transaction when her cell phone started to buzz. Only a few people had her new cell phone number so she wondered who it could be. After the middle-aged woman walked away from the register, Desiree discreetly pulled her phone out and saw the text that was waiting for her.

Sorry about last night. I'll make it up to you - Teddy Bear

She grinned and leaned against the counter. She searched the store to see if any of the staff was watching before responding.

No apology is needed. It was still a good night.

But I never got to say goodbye.

After he chased Sammie through the woods, he never returned. She, Jayda and Nevaeh ended up putting the fire out, and they walked together to the deck area and eventually left with their parents.

Say good-morning instead She responded

"Good-morning."

Desiree jumped as the words were whispered in her ear. She turned and saw Teddy standing in front of the counter. She squealed and ran to him. "What are you doing here?" She gave him a quick hug.

"I wanted to see you. Things ended on a bad note last night."

"I know, what happened?"

Teddy looked around the store until he recognized another worker. "Penny!" The girl smiled at Teddy when she walked over.

"What's up?"

"Do you mind taking over for a moment, I need to talk to Desiree."

"Whatever you need Teddy." Penny sauntered to the register as Teddy pulled Desiree to the back of the store towards the alley.

"Did you date her?" Desiree asked when they were alone. She didn't like the way Penny had looked at him.

"No. She's had a crush on me since she started. I haven't really dated anyone besides you," he admitted. "I guess you're my first official girlfriend."

Desiree playfully rolled her eyes. "Stop calling me that. You have not asked me to be your girlfriend." She already considered them together but wasn't going to confess it.

"Oh, it's coming." Teddy trapped her between his body and the brick wall and kissed her. It was their third kiss. "You wait and see."

Desiree pushed him away. "I thought you wanted to talk, Casanova" she reminded him.

He chuckled. "I didn't expect for things to get so out of hand last night. I wanted to chill with you and my friends. I should've know it was going to end disastrous. It always does."

She realized the same thing as well. It was too many different personalities. Even when they were in the midst of having fun, it always turned serious. "Did you get the chance to talk to Sammie?"