Chapter- 22

Please, ignore mistakes

Third person p.o.v-

"I hate you, Jeon Jungkook,"  her words echoed again in his mind, and he finally sat upright on the bed, holding his head and ran his hands through his hair. He didn't know why her words were bothering him so much. He shouldn't be affected by her words, but here he was, feeling like he was losing something so crucial. He needed to find out the truth behind all of this quickly; otherwise, he surely would go insane due to all of this.

Rising from the bed, he made his way to the wardrobe and retrieved his hoodie. Slipping it on, he departed from the mansion. The guards moved to follow him, but he forbade them. Taking a car, he drove off towards the Han Mansion. Why? He didn't know himself.

Arriving there, he retrieved a mask from his pocket and wore it to conceal his face and then got out of car. Scanning his surroundings with hawk-like eyes, he meticulously surveyed his surroundings. Ensuring he remained undetected by the cameras and security personnel, he breached the mansion's perimeter through the rear wall.

He already knew where Jin Ae's room was. So climbing with the help of eaves, he managed to reach the first floor. Holding the railing, he managed to get onto the balcony of Jin Ae's room. Being a mafia, all of this was a piece of cake for him. The balcony door was directly leading to her room.

Pushing the door cautiously, he found it already ajar. Maybe she forgot to close it. As he pushed the door more, it opened with a creaking sound. Hearing that sound, she opened her eyes for a second but closed them again. He came near her bed and stood there, staring at her continuously. The same feeling he was trying to avoid was back again.

His heartbeat quickened as he observed her presence, standing there like a specter. As his gaze drifted towards her neck, he noticed the finger marks he had left behind, causing a sharp pang in his heart. They appeared agonizingly painful to him, but why? He couldn't fathom the reason himself. His eyes narrowed as she curled into a ball, shivering from the cold. Sensing her distress, his hands moved instinctively, tucking her into the blanket with precision.

Fixating on her figure, he gently reached out and brushed his thumb against her cheek. A peculiar sensation surged through him as he made contact, causing his heartbeat to race. Just as he was about to retract his hand, she grasped it in her sleep, murmuring something unintelligible. Hearing her words, he found himself unable to pull away. He Settled himself on to a nearby chair, while she still holding onto him. He just continued to watch over her until sleep overtook him.

It was strange. Despite the soft and luxurious bed, he hadn't managed a wink of sleep, yet here, even in an uncomfortable position, holding her hand, he found himself drifting into peaceful slumber.

Come morning, he awoke before her, glancing at the clock to find it was 4:30 AM. He noticed that she was still holding the forefinger of his hand in her sleep. Gently disentangling his hand from hers, he cast one final glance her way before quietly departing from the room. Exiting the mansion, he left in the same discreet manner he had entered.

As he arrived at the Jeon mansion, one thing became abundantly clear to him: whatever was happening wasn't normal at all. He had never felt that much attracted to anyone. Other than one person, but she was deceased now. Then why did he sense her presence near Han Jin Ae? Why did he feel reminders of Lee Y/N whenever he encountered Jin Ae? Determined to unravel the truth, he resolved to investigate the matter himself.

Firstly, he delved into everything about Jin Ae - her likes, dislikes, mannerisms, relationships with family and friends, dreams, and fears. He conducted thorough research on her, leaving no stone unturned.