Life story

"What do you need to tell me?" I ask and turn to face him. "Well even though we aren't close I feel like I can trust you, so I'm going to tell you that why I'm like this" he says "like what" I ask "violent" he says softly. I nod my head and he continues, "when I was little I didn't have a mother but my dad had a girlfriend, she would take care of me when my dad was on business trips. So without my dad knowing she would get drunk and, well let me show you" he says and takes his shirt off revealing a large but faded scar on his back, along with a couple of other bruises. I gasp a little then he turns around and says, "then she would laugh in my face and say I was pathetic. I was eight when that happened" I then feel a hot tear roll down my cheek, then without thinking I got up and hugged him and he surprisingly hugged back. "I so sorry" I say into his neck making it sound muffled. "Why are you sorry it wasn't your fault" he says in my ear "I know it's just that you didn't deserve that" I say pulling away from the hug. "Thanks but I better get going my dad is probably wondering were I am" he says putting his shirt back on and gathering his things. "Max" I say "ya" "thanks for telling me" I say. He smiles and nods his head then leaves the room.