Cuts and Bruises

I woke up to the sound of the door bell ring. I open my eyes and see everyone spread out all over the room. I then realize that I'm still leaning on Jakes shoulder. I sigh I haul myself up off the couch trying not to wake anybody. When I get to the door I open it up and see Max standing there with cuts and bruises all over him. "Oh my gosh Max what happened?" I say and pull him into the house. "I was walking home from the Music Shop down town and when I turned the corner I was jumped by these random guys" he says and sits down on the stool next to the counter. "Why would they do that?" I ask "I don't know but I'm pretty sure that they where high or something" he replies. I couldn't help but laugh at his statement. "Oh my gosh what happened" Marisa asks walking into the kitchen. "I was jumped by some druggies" he answers and smirks at me causing me to blush. "Can you go get some alcohol pads form the bathroom upstairs?" I ask Marisa. She nods her head and leaves the kitchen. "You're adorable when you blush" he says. "Thanks" I say almost in a whisper. "Why does your friend Jake hate me so much?" He suddenly asks "well it might have to do with the fact that you beat him up and put him in the hospital" I tell him. He shrugs his shoulders and winces when I dab a paper towel on his open cuts. "What was the reason for that fight anyway, and don't lie to me" I ask and wait for his answer. "Well the real reason is that I told him to stay away from you and he didn't, so I beat him up" he says and looks down. "What! Why would you do that?" I scream. "Well it's because I-I L-" he starts to say but is cut off by Jake coming in and saying "What is going on?"