Ch-7 : "Hidden meanings"

As Minho stood under the warm spray of the shower, the unease gripping him intensified with each passing moment. Nausea churned in his stomach, and a sense of disorientation clouded his thoughts. He stumbled, his movements clumsy and uncoordinated, struggling to maintain his balance.

Strange images flickered through his mind-visions of blood and aggression, foreign and unsettling. He clenched his teeth, trying to push the disturbing thoughts away, but they lingered, haunting him like a persistent nightmare. His heart pounded in his chest, a frantic rhythm that echoed in the tiled confines of the bathroom.

Minho's breath hitched as a wave of dizziness washed over him, threatening to overwhelm his senses. He braced himself against the tiled wall, his fingers trembling against the cool surface. His head spun, the world tilting at an alarming angle, and for a moment, he feared he might collapse.

Desperate to regain his composure, Minho turned off the water and stepped out of the shower, his body trembling with exertion and fear. He reached for a towel, his movements slow and deliberate as he wrapped it around his shivering form. Drops of water trailed down his skin, leaving a trail of moisture in their wake.

Unaware of the subtle changes taking place within him, Minho made his way down the hallway, still clad in Chan's oversized clothes. The fabric hung loosely on his frame, a stark contrast to his usual tailored attire. He moved with hesitant steps, his mind consumed by the turmoil swirling within him.

As Felix approached, concern etched on his features, Hyunjin instinctively stepped in, pulling Minho into a tight embrace and guiding him towards the wall. The sudden movement caught Minho off guard, but before he could protest, Hyunjin whispered in his ear, his voice a soothing balm against the storm raging inside Minho's mind.

"Your eyes," Hyunjin murmured, his breath warm against Minho's skin. "Relax, hyung. I'm here."

Minho blinked, his gaze flickering towards Felix, who was watching them with a mixture of concern and understanding. With a nod and a gentle smile, Felix silently acknowledged their unspoken exchange before turning away, giving them a moment of privacy.

As Hyunjin continued to hold him close, Minho felt a sense of gratitude wash over him. Despite the chaos swirling around them, Hyunjin's presence was a comforting anchor, grounding him in reality amidst the turmoil of his thoughts.

Slowly, Minho's breathing steadied, the dizziness fading into the background as he focused on the warmth of Hyunjin's embrace. With a silent nod of thanks, he pulled away, offering Hyunjin a small smile of reassurance before following him towards the dining room.

As they entered the room, Minho's gaze was drawn to the playful interaction between the pets. Hyunjin's laughter filled the room as he scooped up the dog, his smile genuine and infectious.

Felix's smile was warm as he watched them, his eyes soft with affection. "You're bonding well with Kkami, I suppose," he remarked, his tone gentle and encouraging.

As they settled in to eat, the conversation turned to their plans for the future. Hyunjin expressed his desire to apply for the art teacher position, his words filled with determination and optimism. Minho, meanwhile, remained silent, his thoughts drifting back to the strange visions that had plagued him in the shower.

When Chan asked about Minho's plans, there was a moment of hesitation before he replied with a forced nonchalance, "Choreographer, I suppose."

Chan raised an eyebrow, his gaze lingering on Minho with a hint of curiosity. "Are you sure? Do you even know how to dance?"

Minho's smile was tight, his words tinged with sarcasm. "What do you even know, jailor?"

Chan looked taken aback, his brow furrowing in confusion. "Jailor?"