Chapter 10

After spending that time together for what remained of the day, everything had turned into complete darkness for the fallen angel. The only thing he could see was how several celestial eyes looked at him with hatred and disgust, judging him regardless of his entire history.

Lucifer: I'm sorry!

None paid attention to him, none wanted to hear his excuses. What he had done was against everything they represented, pure beings of light. Yet, he had become that blot of darkness just for a display of love.

Sera: Samael...

His gaze focused on hers. He could only feel the sadness and disappointment emanating from her eyes at the sight of the situation he was in.

Lucifer: Please...

Sera: From this moment...

Lucifer: No...

Sera: Under the name of heaven and that person who is superior to us, you are banished from heaven.

Behind him, he could feel a huge fissure opening to reveal hell.

Sera: From now on, I declare you... the one who succumbed to temptation. The first fallen angel, and the only one who will be.

Upon hearing those words, he finally fell through the rift. The last thing he could see was Sera's expression of sadness, witnessing him like this, before everything turned to darkness.

Lucifer: No!

Looking around, all he could see was that he wasn't in his room. Instead, he had decided to spend the night with Carmilla, whom he unintentionally woke up with his screams.

Carmilla: What happened?!

Lucifer: Sorry, I had a nightmare, the same one as always.

Seeing his expression, she decides to lay him down and then hug him so she could relax him a little.

Carmilla: Everything will be okay, we're all here together.

Lucifer gave her a light kiss on the forehead before covering them both with a blanket. Despite feeling calmer now, his attention focused on the white light reflecting from the sky as if it were the moon.

Carmilla: You're not sleepy, are you?

Lucifer: Honestly? I don't even need to sleep, I just do it to relax and let my body rest.

Carmilla: That's the point of sleeping, both here and on Earth.

Lucifer: Really? I thought it was a mechanism implanted to shut down and save energy.

Carmilla: We're not robots.

Lucifer: Another one who doesn't detect sarcasm.

Carmilla: I'll be right back.

He watched her get up, wearing her sleepwear, which was more age-appropriate than his, with a pajama featuring rubber duck images. Carmilla found it adorable. She returned with a glass to give him.

Lucifer: And what's this?

Carmilla: Milk, drink it.

Lucifer: I'm not a child.

Carmilla just gave his clothes a glance at such a declaration.

Carmilla: You're cute, but even I know when someone humiliates himselves unintentionally.

Lucifer: I don't understand.

Carmilla: Drink the damn milk.

Lucifer: Alright.