Chapter 37

It was another quiet morning in Hell. A week had passed since Lucifer and Carmilla returned from their honeymoon, now preparing for the birth of their daughter. In the room illuminated by the dawn light in the seventh ring, Lucifer lay sleeping peacefully, though it wasn't necessary for him to do so. With all the pressure he had on his shoulders, he felt that he needed to rest more often to avoid it affecting him mentally. He was peacefully asleep, unaware that four people had entered his room with a huge cake.

Carmilla, awake by his side, was waiting for the moment of surprise, because if the revelation of Charlie's proposal to Vaggie had made him cry with joy, he would feel even more special about what was about to happen.

- Happy Father's Day!

His daughters' shout made him quickly rise from bed to see them in their pajamas, holding the huge cake.

Lucifer: What's going on here?

Charlie: Well, today is Father's Day.

Clara: And we decided to start the day this way for you.

Lucifer: With a heart attack?

Carmilla: Don't be dramatic.

Lucifer: I was having a nice dream.

Charlie: About rubber ducks?

Lucifer: And what's your plan for today?

Emily: Today, we'll focus only on you. This is the only celebration we can give you since we don't know your birthday.

Lucifer: I was born before Heaven was created, so I don't have a birthday.

Odette: The first thing we'll do is prepare breakfast for you. We practiced yesterday.

Lucifer: So, the burnt smell was...?

Charlie: Yes, your breakfast. Let's go before it gets cold.

The two adults were left alone in the room. Carmilla noticed the worried look on Lucifer's face.

Carmilla: Is something wrong?

Lucifer: What don't we go to a restaurant?

Carmilla: And break your daughters' hearts?

Lucifer: Fuck!

Carmilla: Relax, today is your day, so don't worry.

With a kiss on the cheek, she left him to go to the dining room. Lucifer felt a little afraid of what he was going to eat, but deep down, he felt happy that someone was celebrating this human custom with him. He hadn't done it for almost a decade. He went to the dining room to see everyone there, including Vaggie. The table was already set, they were just waiting for him to start eating. When he sat down, he saw that his breakfast consisted of duck-shaped pancakes with maple syrup, as if it were a river.

Lucifer: How lovely.

Charlie: The best is yet to come.

She took an apple and began to cut it, creating a little hat and placing it on his plate, revealing who she was referring to.

Lucifer: Really?

Emily: Since you love ducks so much, we thought it would be a nice touch. I barely understood that.

Carmilla: Very well, family, let's start eating.

While they ate breakfast, Lucifer was happy to see them all eating like a happy family. And this family was growing larger with each passing moment. The baby was about to be born, his daughter was engaged to Vaggie, all of this made him happy. He was finally having the family he wanted to have. Before, he used to eat alone in his room without anyone wanting to know anything about him, and now he was having breakfast with his entire family, and he was no longer alone, nor would he be again.