24

.
.
.
"And I don't have hopes and dreams / I'd don't have anything / Since I don't have you."

Since I don't have you - Don McLean

--July 9th, 1990

    Axl placed a chaste kiss on Lita Monroe's head as they laid together in his bed. Erin was out doing something, Axl didn't know. They were bored and sticky with sweat. Lita played with the nipple ring on his exposed chest as he rubbed her open back.

    Conversation had yet to start. Instead, they'd spent the afternoon wrapped in the sheets he and Erin shared. The afternoon glare came through and shined on Lita as she moved her other hand down under the sheets and out of sight. Axl sucked his breath in as she stopped.

    The clock near his head glared at them, the time just now passing two. It was a nice summer day. Lita sat up at movement on the other side of the door. The white comforter dropped from her body and Axl marveled at her chest as she looked at him, scared. "That's nothing," he sighed, sitting up.

    "Are you sure?" Lita asked. The worst thing she could imagine would be Erin walking in on the two of them. "It's fine," Axl replied in monotone. He laid back against the pillow, offering his arm out to Lita in request for her to join him again.

    Smiling, Lita nestled back up against him, kissing him dearly. "What if it's Erin? She'd kill the both of us if she saw this." The movement had stopped, most likely the shift of a door from the opened windows, but Lita didn't want to take any chances.

    "She'd kill me, not you. I'd protect you," Axl laughed. The corner of his lips lifted, and Lita grabbed his face. He had a faint beard and mustache, and she felt it earlier against her body when he kissed her, just as she could feel it in her hands now.

    "Oh, my handsome protector!" Lita giggled. "Jack would kill both of us," Lita said sadly. Axl grimaced at the name of his lover's boyfriend. "He was really mad at me after Farm Aid, but he's better now. I just had to lie to him."

     "Just break up with that dick already–"

    "–I wish it was that easy, Axl!"

    "It is, though. He's an asshole, and you know that," he said, irritated. "You told me he threatened you before we left for Farm Aid, and he wouldn't speak to you for, like, two weeks afterward. That should be reason enough."

    "I understand," Lita said, and she kissed him again. "I'm working on it, ok?"

    "Sure," Axl replied. "I bet he doesn't even suspect a thing, does he?" Axl said slyly. It was funny to him that he could one-up that asshole Jack Griffins and fuck his girlfriend right in front of him without him knowing.

    "No," Lita smiled. "He moved out after April, though. But, I guess, we're still dating."

    "Erin's been slowly moving stuff out. I think she wants to move on as well, but I'm not sure yet. That's why I said it was nothing, that she wouldn't see us. She doesn't really live here as much as before."