5

-November 1st, 1976

Lita Monroe and her ensnaring, viperous smile: that was all a flirtatious Bill Bailey could think about following the beginning of his friendship with Lita, for that's what he had asked of her following a Halloween escapade.

Watching Amy and Stuart in the distance as they trick-or-treat-ed, Bill and Lita strolled along the suburban street, neither participating in the festivities of costumes, nor the collecting of sweet candy. The presence of one another, conversing about their favourite things (Bill spoke excessively of Led Zeppelin, and Lita opened herself up to the idea of liking them–just for him) and basking in the flushed warmth inside their coats as they both zipped the windbreakers higher.

Bill had asked her to join him earlier in the evening, as Christopher was leaving for the holiday shift, and her parents set up the platter of Hershey's beside the front door. Calling across the distance between their bedrooms, Bill jokingly, in an annoyed expression, portraying his disdain of bringing his younger siblings out that night. He stated his excuse, the one his mother had quickly turned down, as wanting to catch up with friends–an excuse to spend the night downing cans of Budweiser with his friend, Izzy, who begrudgingly agreed to join himself and Lita for the night.

She gratefully accepted, wishing to spend more time with Bill, for outside of school, church, and lessons, she didn't have the pleasure to see her crush. That's what he had become to her, and, though she doubted he knew, his attention to her every like and dislike, his presence–a breath of fresh air–had made Lita Monroe realize that, even despite the both of their ages, she would rather spend an eternity with him now, with everything gone to shit, than have him not their to bask in both their eventual success.

Unbeknownst to her, Bill felt similarly. He would use every excuse possible to see her, every minute was spent thinking about her. Lita Monroe had unknowingly trapped him within herself, like a venus flytrap, its hinged lobes encapsulating his spirit and gripping onto it tightly, he knew he would never want to leave her, even if incorrect circumstances prevailed, for he would always come back for Lita; and, after two months of knowing each other, Bill knew inside of himself–within his heart–that this girl, in his eyes Aphrodite re-imagined, was a special one, the type of person you couldn't get enough of, one you could share every feeling with without judgment. He wished he could tell her everything about himself, but he didn't wish for her smiley face to downturn in sorrow when she found out his troubles.

Izzy, the name only his friends called him–everyone else by his given name, could notice the change in his friend. Bill was a delinquent, trouble sticking and seeping into him like the syrup on the pancake he ate this morning. Though he only had known Lita a mere week or two, he noticed that, in the presence of her at least, he was a changed man. Izzy was often one to encourage the delinquency of Bill Bailey, a contribution to his increasing amount of arrest charges.

Distinctly, when around Lita, Bill was on a steady course, the right track into a more prosperous future for him and herself; and Izzy knew that he wouldn't be the one to fool around and screw that up for Bill–for, if Bill had an ounce of patience within himself, he and Lita would continue the steady course into a real relationship, for he noticed that as well. Izzy saw that, not only was he of a more calm personage, Bill was also a more provocative person, a seductive, serpentine smile gracing the lips of the fourteen year old as he looked toward his soon claimed prize. Izzy has and would always be an observant person, and he could see it plainly. Not that he didn't wish such a thing for Bill, for Lita was a good girl, a beautiful, smart one at that, and he Izzy wished the two would get so far as a relationship. But, knowing his changing moods, the polarity of his emotions changing from hot to cold, that would be unlikely to last–though he entirely wished for it to be so.