TikToks and Dinnertime

Brooks Anderson

A few hours later, when I got back from school, I was in my room. I took out my phone from my purse and put it onto my selfie ring. It's time to upload a TikTok today. I'm a makeup influencer on TikTok, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, and YouTube. The main ones, pretty much. I typically only wear light makeup usually though.

After recording the video and taking some pictures, I went into my bathroom to wash off my face. After I finished that, I looked at my phone and saw an email from Acrylic. I opened it and it read:

AcrylicThePaintbrush@Gmail.com: We haven't decided what element we're doing. Neon?

It was sent when everyone was leaving school on the buses. So a few hours ago. I don't get notified by email so it'll take me a while to notice it. I have almost every student's phone number in the whole school so I get notified by text. Of course not Acrylic's though. I responded:

BrooksFromBrooklyn@Gmail.com: Sure ig whatever that is

I sent it and put my phone away. I kind of wondered if she thought I was ignoring her though.

Acrylic Williams

I was painting something in my room. Then I got a notification on my phone. I took it out and saw that Brooks had finally responded to my email. Finally!

I opened it and read it. Wow, she isn't smart.

I nodded to myself as I put my phone away. It's a recent model but it's old if you looked at everyone else's phones in school, but my parents never had time to buy me a new phone.

"Acrylic, sweetie! Dinner's ready!" My mom shouted from downstairs. I had a big family. There was my mom and dad, my four older siblings, and my four younger siblings. I was straight up in the middle. I put my paintbrush and paints away as I walked downstairs.

My family was all seated at the table, waiting for me. I sat down and everyone immediately started eating.

"So Acrylic, how was your day?" My dad asked me.

"It was fine," I mumbled.

"Oh no it's not fine. I sense... you got partnered with Brooks?" The fourth oldest kid and my closest friend in the family, Viola, told me. She looked a bit worried.

"Yeah you're right" I muttered.

"Ouch" The third oldest kid, Edmund, whispered. I just ate my dinner while everyone chatted.

My family is made up of 11 people and 3 animals. There's my mom who had dark auburn hair and green eyes. I looked kind of similar to her. Then there's my dad who has jet-black hair and blue eyes. The four older siblings, from oldest to younger, are Novella, Jason, Edmund, and Viola. Then there's me. The four youngest from older to youngest are Alex, Sam, Edith, and James. So including me, there are four daughters, three sons, one non-binary kid, and one demigirl, who is me.

Novella is 19 and has long red hair, freckles, and green eyes. Jason is 17 and has spiked black hair and dark brown eyes that make him seem mysterious. Edmund is 15 and the replica of Ron Weasley. Viola is 13 and has light medium brown hair as she also has brown eyes. Alex is 9 with not-exactly-black hair in a wolf cut and they also have gray eyes. Sam is 7 with long, curly blonde hair that makes her blue eyes stand out. Edith is 5 and also looks a lot like Edith Gru. Finally, James is 3 and has short brown hair and green eyes.

I finished my dinner and got up. I picked up my plate and walked to the dishwasher and put it in.

"Alright, I'm going back to my room. Goodnight everyone!" I announced as I walked back up the stairs and into my room. But I didn't know that Edith secretly followed me.