Chaos and Channels

Acrylic Williams

My eyes widened as I looked around the cafeteria. Food was now being thrown everywhere. I quickly shoved my sketchbook into my bag and put my pencil in my pocket. What's wrong with kids these days?!

Palma and Holly immediately got up and started running out of the cafeteria.

"Come on Brooks!" Palma shouted. Brooks nodded in return but glanced at me. She instead ignored me and got up to run out too. I sighed and decided to follow them.

When I arrived out in the hallway, where the trio was, I took a breath as I leaned against one of the walls. Over there was pure chaos. I looked over at Brooks, Holly, and Palma. They glared at me.

"Why did you follow us?" Brooks asked.

"You thought I wanted to be covered in spaghetti?" I responded sarcastically.

"You're already covered in paint. No one would tell the difference." Palma muttered. I groaned.

"Yes, they would. Any sauce doesn't look close to any kind of paint. Trust me. I made a YouTube video on that" I said quietly.

"Oh wow, what's your channel? It probably has only ten subscribers" Holly asked while rolling her eyes. They're all the queens of rolling their eyes.

"Channel name's APainterNamedAcrylic and I have over two thousand" I shot back. Holly looked a bit surprised.

"Well if we're giving social media account names, on all socials I'm BrooklynBrooks" Brooks then stated.

"Do you have Insta?" Holly asked me.

"No"

"Snapchat?" Palma piped up.

"No"

"What do you have then?" Brooks sighed.

"A life" I shrugged.

"You're just a lame jerk," Palma said.

"I swear you guys are from Mean Girls" I whispered to myself.

Brooks Anderson

She thinks we're from that movie? Broadway musical? Musical? Whatever you wanna call it. I mean maybe we are just a little bit rude, but it's fine.

"Maybe we are," I scoffed.

"Admitting it, huh?" Acrylic asked. I shrugged.

"You're the rude one" Holly mumbles.

"At least I don't steal teachers' properties like a specific trio does" Acrylic smirked. I glanced at Palma and she glanced back at me. I didn't say anything.

"What do you mean?" Palma asked. Acrylic groaned.

"You stole their freaking KEYS" She mumbled. Palma started getting a bit sweaty and started stammering. I guess she just doesn't like being called out.

"Girls, I think it's best if we go somewhere else, where this freak won't follow us," I told Holly and Palma. They nodded as we walked off to the nearest girl's bathroom.

Acrylic Williams

Do they think I wouldn't follow them into a bathroom? They really aren't smart.

I instead walked to the art and music wing. Mr. Harris doesn't have a class in this period.

I went to Mr. Harris' classroom and took in the smell of paint, markers, brushes, everything! No one loves art classrooms as much as me.

I looked around the classroom for my painting of Phoenix, Arizona. Mr. Harris came up to me.

"Hey, Acrylic! You're a bit early for class!" He said cheerfully.

"A food fight broke out in the cafeteria" I mumbled.

"Food fights are always no fun. I have a feeling you're looking for your painting of Phoenix, I'll get it for you" Mr. Harris offered as he walked to the racks. He then pulled out my medium-sized canvas from it and set it on an easel.

"Thanks!" I smiled as I started to fill a palette with paints and grabbed a paintbrush. I then started working on my painting as Mr. Harris started the conversation.

"So, I have a question. Your smock always has three colors splashed on it. Of course, there are others, but these three often catch my attention" Mr. Harris said.

"Oh really? What colors?" I asked.

"Pink, purple, and blue," He uttered. I then thought for a second as I looked at my smock. The colors were from my paintings at home.

"Well, I haven't told anyone this yet, but I'm bi" I muttered. Mr. Harris thought for a moment. To other people, I would just say they were my typical color palette, but Mr. Harris noticed that whenever I said that, I seemed a bit hesitant. Since I've known him for a while, I trusted him.

"That's extremely brave of you to say that. I would advise you to tell your family when you get home, but I feel honored that you feel brave enough to tell me." Mr. Harris smiled.

"Thanks" I whispered as I kept painting Phoenix.